Groups

New torrent site now accepting sign ups

Just been having a look at scenereleases.net & they have just accounced there new affiliate site topbytes.net are accepting sign ups, this is a public tracker so everybody can join!
    In the future they will become private so join when you still can;-)

As im sure you know scenereleases.net is the best for new release info after all the editors walked out from releaselog and it went down hill, so im sure it will be a quality site,

23 Comments

is it films?

Original Poster

dontdothatagain;4596381

is it films?

Its everything downloadable

Nothing beats demonoid or the piratebay.

Can't see the value in signing up to this, isohunt provides anyhting else I can't find on the above two.

Original Poster

grex9101;4596570

Nothing beats demonoid or the piratebay.Can't see the value in signing up … Nothing beats demonoid or the piratebay.Can't see the value in signing up to this, isohunt provides anyhting else I can't find on the above two.

You obviously arent a member of a good private site, you just cant compare the pirate bay or demonoid anymore to a good private site?? its not about what you can find, whats the point of finding it if it takes 2 days to download, its also about how quickly you can get them, private sites generally have the releases before the public sites and the speeds are ridiculously fast compared to thepiratebay, you also wont find viruses or spyware or fakes on a good private site

clondikemike;4596726

You obviously arent a member of a good private site, you just cant … You obviously arent a member of a good private site, you just cant compare the pirate bay or demonoid anymore to a good private site?? its not about what you can find, its how quickly you can get them

I'd rate demonoid pretty highly, as do others on here.

Please feel free to suggest better alternatives :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Iptorrents, ilovetorrents.com

Two of the best private sites, all the latest releases and a strict sharing policy, the problem with thepiratebay & demonoid is people hit and run with the files, hardly any sharing, on the private sites you have to share what you download otherwise you get banned, which means the more sharers the faster the download speeds, for example there is a film on the Piratebay that has been snatched 900 times and there are only 30 people seeding it?? the same file on iptorrents has been snatched 1100 times and it has 876 people seeding it, the download speeds are far greater,

clondikemike;4596863

Iptorrents, ilovetorrents.comTwo of the best private sites, all the … Iptorrents, ilovetorrents.comTwo of the best private sites, all the latest releases and a strict sharing policy, the problem with thepiratebay & demonoid is people hit and run with the files, hardly any sharing, on the private sites you have to share what you download otherwise you get banned, which means the more sharers the faster the download speeds, for example there is a film on the Piratebay that has been snatched 900 times and there are only 30 people seeding it?? the same file on iptorrents has been snatched 1100 times and it has 876 people seeding it, the download speeds are far greater,

Have you ever used demonoid?

That has a ratio system, EXACTLY as you describe, hitters and runners get banned.

Original Poster

I am a memeber at Demonoid and stopped using it about 2 years ago when i was invited to join a private site, demonoid used to be great and have a good name but they dont ban people anymore and anyone can join whenever they want, also on demoind you search for a film and there are multiple copies of the same file with the same name, on the private sites that are moderated you only have the one file, no duplcates and you are guaranteed that the file is real, how many times have you looked on thepiratebay and seen 20 files all named the same? you then have to look in the comments section to see if they are real, and then you cant be 100% sure, and you dont know if the file contains a virus until you download it and scan it,

Original Poster

demonoid is basically a public site as the torrents arent private (you can share them outside the swarm with dht)

clondikemike;4596955

I am a memeber at Demonoid and stopped using it about 2 years ago when i … I am a memeber at Demonoid and stopped using it about 2 years ago when i was invited to join a private site, demonoid used to be great and have a good name but they dont ban people anymore and anyone can join whenever they want, also on demoind you search for a film and there are multiple copies of the same file with the same name, on the private sites that are moderated you only have the one file, no duplcates and you are guaranteed that the file is real, how many times have you looked on thepiratebay and seen 20 files all named the same? you then have to look in the comments section to see if they are real, and then you cant be 100% sure, and you dont know if the file contains a virus until you download it and scan it,

Fair enough, but Demonoid DO ban people, and also only open registration at certain intervals (the "anyone got a demonoid invite" threads on here are testament to that)

grex9101;4596885

Have you ever used demonoid?That has a ratio system, EXACTLY as you … Have you ever used demonoid?That has a ratio system, EXACTLY as you describe, hitters and runners get banned.

grex9101;4597017

Fair enough, but Demonoid DO ban people, and also only open registration … Fair enough, but Demonoid DO ban people, and also only open registration at certain intervals (the "anyone got a demonoid invite" threads on here are testament to that)

Not according to Demonoid --

My ratio is getting too low, am I going to be banned?
    The ratio system is purely statistical and somewhat innacurate for the ones with shared or dynamic ips. Besides what other users may think of you for not sharing, there is no punishment for having a low ratio.

megaups or Iptorrents are very good sites

col;4597067

Not according to Demonoid --My ratio is getting too low, am I going to be … Not according to Demonoid --My ratio is getting too low, am I going to be banned?The ratio system is purely statistical and somewhat innacurate for the ones with shared or dynamic ips. Besides what other users may think of you for not sharing, there is no punishment for having a low ratio.

Hmmm.

I could have phrased that better perhaps, they DO ban people, maybe not for ratio though. (at least in the last couple of years)

(bad behaviour on the forums, and NO, it wasn't me....lol)

Owned by a mod :roll:

Original Poster

I dont know anyone that has ever been banned for not sharing at demonoid, its just a threat that nobody takes seriously, they may have done a few years but not in the last 2 years or so, i would think about joining a GOOD private site, i will give you an example, im on virgin 8mb service (i probably get about 6.5mb) with iptorrents my download speed or well seeded file maxes out at about 780kbps, so i can download a 700mb movie in about 15-20mins, on demonoid it it would take me 4-5 hours minimum and on thepiratebay about 8hrs,

Original Poster

essexlad72;4597087

megaups or Iptorrents are very good sites

Definately one of the best:)

clondikemike;4597092

I dont know anyone that has ever been banned at demonoid, its just a … I dont know anyone that has ever been banned at demonoid, its just a threat that nobody takes seriously, they may have done a few years but not in the last 2 years or so, i would think about joining a GOOD private site, i will give you an example, im on virgin 8mb service (i probably get about 6.5mb) with iptorrents my download speed or well seeded file maxes out at about 780kbps, so i can download a 700mb movie in about 15-20mins, on demonoid it it would take me 4-5 hours minimum and on thepiratebay about 8hrs,

If you wanna PM me an invite..... :-D sounds good.

Getting a bit too stuck in my ways:thumbsup:

bitsoup dot org is also a good site! Check it out...

Would love an invite to iptorrents, could trade for a demonoid invite if requested

Original Poster

grex9101;4597113

If you wanna PM me an invite..... :-D sounds good. Getting a bit too … If you wanna PM me an invite..... :-D sounds good. Getting a bit too stuck in my ways:thumbsup:

PM me your email address and i will send one to you:)

clondikemike;4597185

PM me your email address and i will send one to you:)

done, many thanks :thumbsup:

Seems the reason they are looking for signups is there is not much listed.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4597236

Seems the reason they are looking for signups is there is not much listed.

Everyone has to start somewhere

(who can forget HUKD Admin advertising a £50 compo on MSE all those years ago, lol)

Usenet. Sorted.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?1618
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…912
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047121
      4. word association Game73944494

See more discussions