EXPIRED

New TV advice...!

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new TV and have about £550-600 to spend. I have been looking at a few at Currys as the O2 Priority discount of £50 would be good.

I'm looking at three in particular, and am leaning towards the Samsung most given reviews I have read online.

Does anybody have any of the tellys, or any advice on other options. I'm not bothered about smart functions particularly as I have a Chromecast and Now TV box. Not even that bothered about 3d. Just want a good picture that will be good for the PS4 I hope to buy soon!!

The three TV's are:

1: Samsung UE48H6400
2: LG 47LB700V
3: Panasonic Viera TX-48AS640B

Many thanks :-)

14 Comments

Once you choose then do a search around as there's bound to be cheaper places than currys. Plus John Lewis price match and they include a 5 year warranty

Original Poster

Cheers, have done lots of googling and surprisingly Currys is the Cheapest. Much as I hate to give them my cash. John Lewis is £50 more, but comes with the 5 year guarantee (as is Richer Sounds). How likely am I to need that though for the extra £50??

Get John lewis to price match

the samsung is good

A+ energy rated, Clear motion technology (less blur) and this also has smart view (which means connect devices via screen mirroring)
has alot more to mention, the 3D is good on this aswell.

matty9815

Cheers, have done lots of googling and surprisingly Currys is the … Cheers, have done lots of googling and surprisingly Currys is the Cheapest. Much as I hate to give them my cash. John Lewis is £50 more, but comes with the 5 year guarantee (as is Richer Sounds). How likely am I to need that though for the extra £50??

Who knows if you'll need it. You might not, but if you do that'll be £50 well spent. I always buy my electrical stuff from John Lewis or Richer Sounds where possible, occasionally i'll pay a but more but the for pre and post sales service I have always received from them both makes it worth it.

also make sure you get the 2pairs of 3D glasses with it.

Original Poster

Will John Lewis price match including the O2 discount?

matty9815

Will John Lewis price match including the O2 discount?

Unlikely but probably get more information from John Lewis themselves ;-)

Banned

Just bought a Sony W8 after a long deliberation. Picture is fantastic out of the box, and top of the class in regards to gaming. 3D is sub par, but i'm not a fan anyway. May be a little ove your budget, but if you go for the next model down (W7 i think) it's basically the same telly without the 3D part.

I have one of the Samsung 6000 series models and the picture is excellent as is the sound.

The only negative thing is the smart tv bit. It started with loads of aps but bit by bit they have gone as they are supposedly no longer supported.

It blows the Panasonic vierra I have in my bedroom away.

If you opt for a 3d Panasonic then make sure glasses are included. They are very expensive. I made that mistake. I had been looking at LG's and their glasses are buttons. I figured Panasonic would be the same. They aren't.

i have been looking at the samsung 48-6400 and also the LG47LB7000 and cant make my mind up, the samsung seems to have a fair bit of negative comments re picture problems (read somenehad returned 2 ?) and although i am not sure how much 3d i will watch the active seems less appealing than the passive on the LG, the LG webos seems to get good reviews so i suppose i am swaying towards the LG.

Samsung 6400!! I bought it couple of months ago, amazing tv! Picture is awesome!plus the 5 year warranty, its a no brainer mate

I have the Samsung, Used to have lipsync issues with some ondemand but updates have fixed that, Picture quality is brilliant, 3D is a gimmick but is better on this than the Panasonic.

I was going to have the Panasonic but the Samsung edged it.

I have this tv Panasonic Viera TX-47AS650B LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 47", Freeview HD with freetime from John Lewis and love it at £650.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)57
    2. Anyone use a FitBit Surge?11
    3. seller asked for IMEI87
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1925

See more discussions