Groups
    EXPIRED

New tv-head wrecked with all the searching im doing!!

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me. My head is wrecked with searching and reading forums and reviews ect. i think i have overloaded my brain with to much information. Having been looking for around 3 wks i now admit defeat. I would have posted on av forums but it seems like not many people get a response there. i have also posted on moneysaver. Anyhow, Heres my question....

Im looking to buy a tv-37in-42in.
    Will be used to watch tv and sometimes my son's PS3.
    My budget is very, very tight. between £300-£400. The less the better really.

Heres what i've shortlisted so far

prcdirect.co.uk/tel…uct

ebuyer.com/pro…201

amazon.co.uk/gp/…OLE

amazon.co.uk/gp/…OLE

Any suggestions or advice would be truly appreciated at this moment in time, xx

12 Comments

Original Poster

Thank you very much for posting the links. I wasnt sure how to do them.

Im no expert, but based on your links id go for the LG. Amazon are a reliable site and the user reviews of the tv look good.
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…OLE

Id avoid the ebuyer one cos I've never heard of AOC before.

LG should always be top preference.. in my opinion, the picture is way better than other models of the same spec

bigflump

Im no expert, but based on your links id go for the LG. Amazon are a … Im no expert, but based on your links id go for the LG. Amazon are a reliable site and the user reviews of the tv look good.http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003H1048C/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLEId avoid the ebuyer one cos I've never heard of AOC before.

AOC are the biggest manufacturer of computer monitors in the world. I have a couple of their 24" monitors and they have a vibrant and stable image.

They are almost the Onyko of the display world
    Edited by: "trog0" 14th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Thanks so muuch for the replys. I like the LG one but the AOC comes with 2 yrs guarantee so i think its between the two of them. Still not sure

I only just had a very quick look but the AOC uses so much power 200w and if you have your TV on for most of the day and night wow think about your bill

iscom

I only just had a very quick look but the AOC uses so much power 200w and … I only just had a very quick look but the AOC uses so much power 200w and if you have your TV on for most of the day and night wow think about your bill

Only 10 watts more than the LG so there's not much in it there.
    To be honest you need to look at working models before making a decision as picture preference is a very personal asthetic. One mans black is another mans grey so to speak.

Edited by: "trog0" 14th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Thanks guys, im think im going to order the AOC. As i have limited funs and it comes with the 3 yr guarantee. The only problem i have now is that i've just looked and it says Receiving System DVB-Terrestrial
    Does this mean i will have to buy a hd freeview box to watch HD channels. Sorry for all the questions.

coyotebabe

Thanks guys, im think im going to order the AOC. As i have limited funs … Thanks guys, im think im going to order the AOC. As i have limited funs and it comes with the 3 yr guarantee. The only problem i have now is that i've just looked and it says Receiving System DVB-TerrestrialDoes this mean i will have to buy a hd freeview box to watch HD channels. Sorry for all the questions.

Yes, I'm afraid it does. You would have to pay around another hundred pound for a similar tv with freeview hd such as this one
    To be honest you wont get freeview hd rolled out in Northern Ireland until 2012 anyway so I would leave it untill earer the date to worry about it.

Edited by: "trog0" 15th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Thanks for all ur help guys. I finally bought the Samsung LE40C550 40'' Full HD LCD Television for £369 in a tv shop in town. Its my first ever lcd tv, so not sure what people think of it but i've just set it up and i love it

try these user settings for any hdmi players/consoles you have
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Community Appreciation Giveaway​ (razerzone​)​11
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk44
      4. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer88

See more discussions