New TV Recommendations

Posted 15th Jun 2020
Hi all,

After a bit of advice - looking for options for a new 65” TV with a budget of around £1100. Will mainly be used for usual things like watching TV/Films and playing PS4. Can anyone recommend any TVs which would fit my budget and deliver a good picture as well as being as future proof as my budget can get (with the PS5 coming out at the end of the year)?

Was looking at the Panasonic TX-65GX800B as Very.co.uk have it on sale for £899 but is there anything else available which beats it?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I'd honestly try and get an OLED with that budget and future proofing.

Might mean you'll have to shop around for a used/refurb one or up the budget a little.
One thing I should mention - I have three kids who all like to watch tv but have a habit of pausing it and wandering off - does OLED come with a much higher risk of screen burn-in than other types?
deleted11933
AVForums TV Classified often have last years LG 65 model being sold for around a grand with warranty remaining. This would be a huge step up in performance though I personally would avoid it if you have a family who leave the TV on pause / watch SKY or BBC news for hours on end etc due to the risk of screen burn.
sean.clibbens15/06/2020 15:25

One thing I should mention - I have three kids who all like to watch tv …One thing I should mention - I have three kids who all like to watch tv but have a habit of pausing it and wandering off - does OLED come with a much higher risk of screen burn-in than other types?

Yeah.

Yours is a slightly awkward budget because the two popular high end LCDs of 2019, the Sony XG95 and Samsung Q70R are currently sitting at £1200.

Future proofing isn't offered for TVs, but if you want to be an early adopter it's definitely worth stretching the extra £100 for one of those two. The older XF90 is also available within budget, but the interface is apparently sluggish.

The upper mid-range models like a GX800, XG85 or Q60R are good, but they mostly add polish over a cheaper model rather than capability
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 15th Jun
Have you checked John Lewis. They price match various other sites and offer a 5 year guarantee, the other place to look is Richer Sounds they price match as well.
Yes I'd go oled maybe you'll have to some inches.There is a philips oled might be worth looking at that?
Post a comment
@
    Text