Groups

new TV/DVD broke and got it from... WOOLIES :(

Been meaning to post bout this for wee while now. I bought my wee lad a TV/DVD player combi - Disney Pirates of the Carribbean one from Woolies a month or so before his Birthday in November for his birthday. However a couple of weeks ago the DVD player went faulty.

How annoyed am I! Took it to a TV repair shop who said it'd be about £60-70 to repair it, but it only cost me that much in the first place.

The DVD player just wont start up... it whirrrssss..... pause. whirrrrs.... pause. Sometimes it does start up and half way through loading the DVD up to the menu stage it'll stop, pause, whirrrrr.... So it never ever gets to the menu stage.

My wee lad is gutted. I'm probably going to have to just buy another DVD player and attatch it with the scart I think, cause he loves the pirate TV.

Damn credit crunch!

17 Comments

Can you not contact the manufacturer?

Try getting a laser cleaning disc. It might just be the laser has some dust on it and cannot read the discs.

It doesn't matter if you got it from Woolies,did you register it with whoever made it,it will be guaranteed for at least a year.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Magenta"]contact manufactor they will have a gaurantee, have you[/COLOR][/FONT] got receipt?

Original Poster

I don't have a receipt for it now... I'm terrible at things like that. Don't keep pay slips or bank statements either... and I'm a born hoarder I hoard everything else!!! (silly I know).

I think I used a visa debit card... think I'll have to hunt down my confirmation email from Woolies.

Will buy a DVD cleaning disc. Dunno where from I'll have to have a hunt online (I don't drive so really can't get to the shops).

thanks for the info guys... I just thought it was a lost cause with them being no more!

Must be over £100 for a chargeback. Just google the manufacturer and contact them.

Original Poster

Jefflan22;4274457

Must be over £100 for a chargeback. Just google the manufacturer and … Must be over £100 for a chargeback. Just google the manufacturer and contact them.

that chargeback site in the link states...

"And unlike your credit card, which imposes a minimum spend of £100, you can claim back any amount of money."

Dunno what the manufacturer is... hoping it's somewhere on the product I'm just going to look. Probably won't be able to do anything though as I don't have a receipt. Just emails from Woolies saying it's been bought etc.

I know i'm stating the obvious,but in the future make sure you register any new products so they are guaranteed,most of them will let you do it online,so its not a hassle.

WeeWifie;4274446

Will buy a DVD cleaning disc. Dunno where from I'll have to have a hunt … Will buy a DVD cleaning disc. Dunno where from I'll have to have a hunt online (I don't drive so really can't get to the shops).

Look for something like: svp.co.uk/pro…128
    You can get them from Poundland if you can get someone to go for you.

Original Poster

deb8z;4274569

I know i'm stating the obvious,but in the future make sure you register … I know i'm stating the obvious,but in the future make sure you register any new products so they are guaranteed,most of them will let you do it online,so its not a hassle.

I don't know how to register stuff online? only stuff I ever did for that was websites that point you to a website to do it at the time of purchase - for my fridge/freezer from Tesco

Jefflan22;4274457

Must be over £100 for a chargeback. Just google the manufacturer and … Must be over £100 for a chargeback. Just google the manufacturer and contact them.

Not if you paid by visa debit it doesn't :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Magic_monkey;4274596

Look for something like: http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=4128You … Look for something like: http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=4128You can get them from Poundland if you can get someone to go for you.

my poundland is pretty new and in a small building they don't have this sorta thing in ours bah! OR any of the good deals that come on here for there.

I've emailed the manufacturer anyway see what they have to say for themselves.... (not holding out hope there)

PrideandPassion;4274765

Not if you paid by visa debit it doesn't :thumbsup:

My bad:oops:
    Was skimming through the thread and saw Visa and Chargeback, put 2+2 together and got 5. Sincere apologies;-)

Original Poster

oooh just noticed this is registered on mythings.com !! I dont even remember... thought it was worth at least checking - thought it was just my fridge/freezer from Tesco that was on there!! so i have receipt!

WeeWifie;4274511

that chargeback site in the link states..."And unlike your credit card, … that chargeback site in the link states..."And unlike your credit card, which imposes a minimum spend of £100, you can claim back any amount of money."Dunno what the manufacturer is... hoping it's somewhere on the product I'm just going to look. Probably won't be able to do anything though as I don't have a receipt. Just emails from Woolies saying it's been bought etc.

the emails should be dated?

WeeWifie;4275014

oooh just noticed this is registered on mythings.com !! I dont even … oooh just noticed this is registered on mythings.com !! I dont even remember... thought it was worth at least checking - thought it was just my fridge/freezer from Tesco that was on there!! so i have receipt!

YAY!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364
      2. Spotify Family Premium share715
      3. word association Game73944490
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423

See more discussions