New Vailant Boiler (7yrs parts and Labour guarantee) - how do I ditch BG cover but get plumbing cover

Found 1st JunEdited by:"davewave"
Anyone managed to ditch BG homecare cover and find an alternative provider for the plumbing and drainage cover?

(no way to separate the plumbing cover from the BG Homecare package and don't need boiler cover)
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Realistically what will plumbing cover on it’s own solve. The only thing worth having in the BG cover is for boiler breakdowns. Plumbing without this is a pretty easy task
Try homeserve been with them for a few years always had excellent service
inderjitsingh20 m ago

Try homeserve been with them for a few years always had excellent service

have they come out to clear plumbing for you?
Normally special offers for homeserve in the first year that cost between 50p - £1 per month. Used them a lot for simple plumbing jobs like unblocking pipes, fitting new taps etc
You can get cover free or small cost home emergency cover on your home insurance. in 20 odd years we have never needed plumbing insurance do you really need it? If you are talking about clearing drains and need them more than once you might need to look at what you are putting down them if they keep getting blocked talk to your water company especially if the blockage is their side.
eslick59 m ago

You can get cover free or small cost home emergency cover on your home …You can get cover free or small cost home emergency cover on your home insurance. in 20 odd years we have never needed plumbing insurance do you really need it? If you are talking about clearing drains and need them more than once you might need to look at what you are putting down them if they keep getting blocked talk to your water company especially if the blockage is their side.

some tenants aren't as careful as others.
davewave1 h, 41 m ago

have they come out to clear plumbing for you?

I have had them out multiple times over the time I have been with them always excellent
I would keep with BG, after all their Landlord Homecare cover incorporates the Gas Safety Certificate, which costs around £80 alone.
Toptrumpet16 m ago

I would keep with BG, after all their Landlord Homecare cover incorporates …I would keep with BG, after all their Landlord Homecare cover incorporates the Gas Safety Certificate, which costs around £80 alone.

my gas engineer who fitted it will include it in the annual service cost which is £100
Why do you want Plumber cover? in 40 years of owning houses I've never needed a plumber in an emergency except when I put a nail though a pipe on the day I moved into to my first house :-)

Get a boiler server every year as cheap as you can to meet the terms of your warrenty on you boiler. If you want stick £30 a month away in a saving account if that make you happen.
Toptrumpet6 h, 26 m ago

I would keep with BG, after all their Landlord Homecare cover incorporates …I would keep with BG, after all their Landlord Homecare cover incorporates the Gas Safety Certificate, which costs around £80 alone.

Inhate paying £35 quid and thought that's expensive the 30min job u must be live in a expensive area.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants