New Virgin Contract - Any Good ?

7 replies
Found 3rd Mar 2010
Just got off the phone to Virgin seeing as my contract was up and im fed up with the restrictions on my 20 meg broadband service. Im usually pretty good at haggling and always go through to retentions as they do the better deals. Now... im an existing customer so i know sometimes you dont get as good a deal as new but what do you guys recon. The guy offered me a new deal but did state that i AM NOT bound to a new contract and this was still coming up as a rolling contract each month, which is good coz i can still cancel at any time. Anyway the deal i got offered after all the usual mentioning of Quidco and Sky is:

50 Meg BB + free installation, although £20 activation still applies.
Phone XL talk unlimited anytime
Talk International
Talk Mobile
TV M

Now after haggling a bit he agreed that for the first 6 months i would pay £33.60 and then after 6 months this would go up to £45.95. But like i say the contract is rolling so i am not bound for another 12 months anyway and in theory can re call then once the first 6 months is up ;-)

I was more interested in the V+ box and XXL tv but he said that all he could do was free installation and £51.50 for the first 6 months then £65 thereafter, obviously with the non tv services i quoted above..

So do you guys think the V+ TV XXL is worth it for what theyve quoted or is that a pretty standard figure ? Also i know some people quote pretty good deals on what they are paying... but i dont think this is too bad for mainly the BB 50meg and talk unlimted phone. Any thoughts ?

7 Comments

Banned

You'd better get the fact that its not a 12 month contract in writing

Or all traces of the converstaion will disappear when you decide you want out

I pay £40 a month for:

Standard STB and V+ box with XL tv
M BB
Talk unlimited 24

Original Poster

The guy did say he will put it in writing and he was talking as he typed it into the computer their end.

bargainhunter2009;8007732

I pay £40 a month for:Standard STB and V+ box with XL tvM BBTalk … I pay £40 a month for:Standard STB and V+ box with XL tvM BBTalk unlimited 24

including line rental? seems like you got a good deal there!

5nowman;8007997

including line rental? seems like you got a good deal there!

Yes including line rental.

Original Poster

So this deal i got doesnt seem too bad then ?

Is the XXL tv worth the extra money or not ? £18 for first 6 months then £20 for next 6. Seems pretty standard to me on top of what im gonna get already. I would of hoped of a bigger drop seeing that ill be taking out XXL on everything. But then again i remeber when the whole VIP package was roughly £120 a month !

Squelds;8009425

So this deal i got doesnt seem too bad then ?Is the XXL tv worth the … So this deal i got doesnt seem too bad then ?Is the XXL tv worth the extra money or not ? £18 for first 6 months then £20 for next 6. Seems pretty standard to me on top of what im gonna get already. I would of hoped of a bigger drop seeing that ill be taking out XXL on everything. But then again i remeber when the whole VIP package was roughly £120 a month !

NO XXL tv. Only XL tv - its around 160 channels.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…47104
    2. What do you see?2836
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604807
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322860

See more discussions