Expired

NEW VIRGIN MEDIA SUPER HUB vs BT HOME HUB 5

Found 3rd Jan 2014
Both relatively new, and Dual Band of course, but from experience the VIRGIN SUPER HUB drops signal just 5 to 7 metres away with Victorian build walls making it difficult to connect in the corner of adjacent rooms. So what are peoples experience of the BT HOME HUB 5 which is advertised as unbeatable? And has anybody switched and noticed improvement(s)?

3 Comments

I installed loads on the bt home hub 5 and currently have the Virgin media super hub and if honest I do find the bt home hub much more stable

fisco2001

I installed loads on the bt home hub 5 and currently have the Virgin … I installed loads on the bt home hub 5 and currently have the Virgin media super hub and if honest I do find the bt home hub much more stable

I suspect you are talking about the original VM Superhub? The new VM Superhub, on paper at least, is much better than the BT Homehub.

If you are going to get a homehub get the new 5 one, never drops any bars on my mac until I go about four rooms away, can even get it at the bottom of my garden which is about 40 metres away from the house. My old VM box couldn't do this and they were both situated in the same place.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants