Groups

New Virgin modem - slow speeds

Just got a new virgin media modem as the last one was playing up and I've only been getting speeds of 0.2mbps for the last few hours, any idea if it will speed up soon or if there's anything I can do to hurry it a long?

7 Comments

Original Poster

I'm on XL, i'm getting 0.2mbps and if I was capped I would be getting 5mbps according to that.

have you had a look here to check if any problems Service Status
    Cant offer any help i'm on ADSL

KillFelix

http://www.techdigest.tv/2007/05/virgin_to_intro.html

This is nothing to do with the issue OP is having.
    shop.virginmedia.com/hel…tml

OP your best bet would be to either post your issue on the Virgin media forums and a techie will respond within a few days or alternatively call Virgin customer services.

Believe it or not i just replaced my Virgin modem and after similar problems i ended up calling them for the guy to say to me in most cases you have to call for them to activate it properly whilst your on the phone.

Someone else having problems with Virgin and slow speed:
    hotukdeals.com/mis…ost

Stated they have a new N router too so maybe there's a common issue with these new routers. Definitely worth a call to customer services as 0.2Mbps is appalling!!

Banned

GQ Man

Believe it or not i just replaced my Virgin modem and after similar … Believe it or not i just replaced my Virgin modem and after similar problems i ended up calling them for the guy to say to me in most cases you have to call for them to activate it properly whilst your on the phone.

correct!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. MacOS High Sierra - Workgroup name problem01
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767434
      3. Get an annual MOT reminder710
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2749

See more discussions