New Walking boots

Found 14th Jan
Hi
My 14 year old Trezeta hiking boots look as if they are heading for higher plains, they have covered so many miles and been fantastic boots and don’t really want to replace them.

Has anyone had repair done to Vibram sole and where , or should I just replace them.
Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I know they can be replaced as I looked into that when I bought new boots a few weeks ago. Dunno how much it costs or whether it would be cost effective given their age. There is a place in ilkley does it. I've just invested in altbergs after the recommendation of someone on this site. Early days yet but so far so good. I have very awkward shaped feet but this pair are so comfortable.
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell26 m ago

I know they can be replaced as I looked into that when I bought new boots …I know they can be replaced as I looked into that when I bought new boots a few weeks ago. Dunno how much it costs or whether it would be cost effective given their age. There is a place in ilkley does it. I've just invested in altbergs after the recommendation of someone on this site. Early days yet but so far so good. I have very awkward shaped feet but this pair are so comfortable.

Hi thanks for reply
boots are otherwise in good condition, think it’s the thought of breaking in a new pair and cost of replacing them.
I have taken them to local repair shops however it’s not looking good.
Going to google Ilkley to see what they can offer and also have a look at altbergs.

thanks
My partner looked into getting his Lowa's resoled (also a vibram sole) and I think it was about £60 for the repair plus the cost of postage. He ended up just getting a new pair as the original pair lasted about 12 years so it seemed more cost effective to get a new pair.
Edited by: "sparky64" 15th Jan
The are lots of decent Trezeta boots around for £60-80, so the same amount for a repair doesn't sound great.

trekkinn.com/out….ds

for example
Original Poster
Thanks for advice, think I was holding on to them for sentimental reasons more than anything else.
Will have a search around sites for new pai
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants