Expired

New washing machine needed any ideas ??

Found 22nd Apr 2007
My Hoover washer dryer has just packed up:) and with 2 small children its very much needed.Does anyone know of any good offers on ones at the moment not just the really cheap ones but maybe better makes/models at a good reduction.Would consider washer only or even better washer dryers.Any help much appreciated or I will have to try and keep my 2 boys clean!!

7 Comments

my advice is always the same..get a Bosch..you ask most washing machine repair fitters on a recommendation and they'll say Bosch..well they do in my experience...my advice is find a model you like..visit Currys or Comet...then go to ]kelkoo.co.uk to find the cheapest price....it can vary enormously on some models.

bosch is good top of range for a resonable price , but meile and aeg are better , currently own aeg has been trouble free for over 6 years and still going strong they are more a comercial build which is ideal if you have a family to clean .:thumbsup:

i have just bought this one delivered in 3 days with a 2yr warranty i thought it was a good deal
]http//ww…EAL

you can extend the warranty to 5 yrs here for £104

]http//ww…spx

We bought a Miele a couple of years ago. The wife says it's great:-D. They were doing free 5 year warranties at the time.

got a siemens one from john lewis with 5 yr warranty. very quiet and impressed with the washing results. which? recommended buy. model was 167A. quidco will give 8 or 9 %.

There's some good prices at [url]www.indesitcompanygraded.co.uk[/url]
This is factory reconditioned stock and some may have small amounts of damage, on the downside there is no warranty available and not much stock available online. If your anywhere near peterborough you could go to the Hotpoint factory where they have the shop open everyday and there is much more stock available. Hope this helps.

Its worth having a look at this website. It is apparently run by an ex- repairer. Basically Miele are the best (but most expensive). As others have said AEG, and Siemens are good brands.

washerhelp.co.uk/

It is interesting to note that Bosch have moved downmarket and according to the website Siemens (who are part of the same company) are the equivalent of what Bosch used to be.

I am also on the lookout. My Bosch purchased in 1994 is just about to give up the ghost. I will probably opt for a Siemens from JL. Not only well regarded but very economical and quiet and a free 5 year guarantee. Would have gone for a Miele if money was no object.
Post a comment
@
    Text