Groups

New window every time please help!

Hi all,

my 10 year old has been on the pc, now i get a new window open EVERY time i click anything, including each page of a thread, dont sound too much bu its very annoying

Does anyone know what i need to do to correct this?

Thank you

15 Comments

Not sure what to do to correct it, but to prevent this from happening again, try a pop up blocker.

Think you need to go into Internet Explorer and click on the links at top like tools etc,I'm not really sure what you need to do but you can have a fiddle there,sorry not very good.
    Yeh my son messes up stuff on here and he 7,he online more than me now these days.

Banned

i always use system restore because im too lazy to figure the problem out lol

Original Poster

thanks guys, i'll have a look in tools

ive banned him now lol

What browser are you using? What is in this new window, is it empty? Have you tried scanning for spyware?

Have you tried restarting the pc.

Original Poster

TheDoc

What browser are you using? What is in this new window, is it empty? Have … What browser are you using? What is in this new window, is it empty? Have you tried scanning for spyware?

using ie

no the new window has what ever page i click on, for example the next page of a thread, its just annoying lol

i'll try a scan

Original Poster

Syzable

Have you tried restarting the pc.

:w00t: :w00t:

what a good idea

Lmfao, dont think restarting the PC would make it go away.

:?

Victim

Lmfao, dont think restarting the PC would make it go away.:?

Does everytime it happens to me when the little un has had his hands on it. :whistling:

Syzable

Does everytime it happens to me when the little un has had his hands on … Does everytime it happens to me when the little un has had his hands on it. :whistling:

Mhhhhhmmmmmm.

:?

Original Poster

woohooooo seems ok now

thanks guys

Your Welcome.

:thumbsup:

loupomm

woohooooo seems ok now :)thanks guys

How did you fix it?

try this...

in IE go to tools, internet options, advanced and check reuse windows for launching shortcuts, if it's already checked, make sure your child didn't superglue down your CTRL key for a laugh, lol

edit: glad you sorted it... :P How'd you do it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions