Groups

New Wireless Router Recommendation Please

i'm hoping someone can shed some light...
    i have used a netgear dg834g v2 for many years, 1st with AOL then with 02. I'm still with O2 and love the service, never had any problems with them or with the Wireless Router. However i have moved around a lot and the router has picked up a knock here and there and is not in the best condition, plus i had to get a replacement antenna because i lost the orginal.
    i use 3 laptops, 1 desktop PC and xbox and PS3, the router has handled them fine but i'm just looking for a latest piece of kit (doesnt have to be netgear just something that can do the same job or better.

any reccomendations from experience on a good wireless router?

Thanks

5 Comments

If you are looking for something simple that works, then you would probably be best sticking with what you know. Netgear.

I believe the DGN3500 is the latest piece of kit from them.

Original Poster

any specific linksys model?

could go down the homeplug route...basiclly plug and go.

DON'T!!!! get a Belkin. Used to have good Belkin stuff years ago but got Belkin 'N' router which didn't work. Spent hours on line with Belkin & O2, but Belkin couldn't see internet. Had that replaced (eventually) and still the Belkin didn't see O2 internet. Just can't believe that a wireless modem router couldn't work with O2. Absolute Rubbish!!!!
    SO got Netgear. Easily connected & works well. DON'T BUY BELKIN!

Original Poster

michaelmakro;8943825

DON'T!!!! get a Belkin. Used to have good Belkin stuff years ago but got … DON'T!!!! get a Belkin. Used to have good Belkin stuff years ago but got Belkin 'N' router which didn't work. Spent hours on line with Belkin & O2, but Belkin couldn't see internet. Had that replaced (eventually) and still the Belkin didn't see O2 internet. Just can't believe that a wireless modem router couldn't work with O2. Absolute Rubbish!!!!SO got Netgear. Easily connected & works well. DON'T BUY BELKIN!

thanks for the advice.
    which Netgear do you have?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764594
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3501268
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523463
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1636

See more discussions