New Xbox for those who are selling your previous gen to buy a new gen, when?

Posted 11th Sep
Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying Xbox Series X once it comes out, I currently have Xbox One X so I will be upgrading.

It is my first console and first time upgrading it and I am looking to sell One X to get Series X.

My question to people who have already been upgrading and selling previous generations in the past and have some experience with ut: when is the best time to do it?

Do I wait until I get my hands on a new console or I have to sell it before the release date as prices will drop down due to everyone selling them, or just does not matter?

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I sold my PS4 Pro a month back and got £270ish for it
Prices are dropping now and I think One X’s are at £200ish I believe now

Game seem to be offering £220 currently which might be decent if they give you a gift card to that value to redeem against a purchase Instore for the new one?

game.co.uk/web…151
Best price was month or two back .. it’s only going down in price from here on in
Not a Cyberpunk by any chance is it
Wait till it comes out to see what Game offer as a trade-in, if Game still exist of course...
Dude197111/09/2020 14:58

Wait till it comes out to see what Game offer as a trade-in, if Game still …Wait till it comes out to see what Game offer as a trade-in, if Game still exist of course...

They're owned by Mr Sports Direct and his group of companies.So should be relatively safe. Also one of the 2 companies doing XBox All Access along with Smyths.
I’m keeping mine as a 4K player
I usually wait around 6 months or so after the consoles release .. I know I won’t get the best price by then but I should know which of the two consoles I will get and by then release issues are sorted plus hopefully a few decent games by then... I generally have a lot to trade in by the though a fair few games and accessory’s etc so I usually don’t pay to much for the next console.
I have a PS4 pro and an Xbox x mind so who knows which I will get first the ps5 or Xbox series x..
Xbox s digital seems like good trade in but when do I trade in, don't come out to November
I would imagine you can still get £200 for an X second hand these days.

My hope is that Game will offer £150/200 for a trade in towards the Series X and just do it day one.
If not I will buy the S-X and then try and sell the One X on facebook market etc and hope for like £150 after I already have the console.

Id guess that most people would do it this way so theres no "gap" but who knows.
Edited by: "Johnlenham" 15th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text