New Years Honours List

37 Comments

Nothing for "Bowie" (David Robert Jones) & "Michael" (Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou)...?

...and psychobitchfromhell was missed too

Ken Dodd at last

caverncity

Ken Dodd at last

One for his father's canine, at least...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5004/5207306086_2a66929f02_b.jpg

Original Poster

Well done Janet Gillespie
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/590x/Janet-Gillespie-748651.jpg

Nothing for chanchi32?
http://images1.dawandastatic.com/Product2/47443/47443510/product_l/1377714993-812.jpg

fanpages

One for his father's canine, at least...

​I'm waiting for Ken Dodd got a knighthood, Diddy? no Doddy!

Banned

Pick out the names YOU DO NOT KNOW & find out the disgraceful behaviour of Government

fanpages

Nothing for "Bowie" (David Robert Jones) & "Michael" (Georgios Kyriacos … Nothing for "Bowie" (David Robert Jones) & "Michael" (Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou)...? :(...and psychobitchfromhell was missed too

A travesty . I'm complaining to the queen. They've altered her list

The whole system has been abused for political back scratching for far to long
it should be scrapped or overhauled
anyway well done to the folks who deserved a gong

Well done to Sir Mo.

No Deeky on the list?

I've never understood why Knighthoods are given out so freely these days...... and Victoria Beckham OBE .... Someone's just having a laugh!

nothing for fanpages?

gerrymig

I've never understood why Knighthoods are given out so freely these … I've never understood why Knighthoods are given out so freely these days...... and Victoria Beckham OBE .... Someone's just having a laugh!

Why?

Victoria has done an incredible amount of charity work and contributed hugely to the fashion industry.

riverman

Why?Victoria has done an incredible amount of charity work and … Why?Victoria has done an incredible amount of charity work and contributed hugely to the fashion industry.

Lol

The biggest laugh is Suzie Wolff - just because shes a woman she gets an MBE - if that was a man with as crap a record in motorsport as she has he would get laughed at not handed an MBE because of his sex

Still it helps when your husband is the boss of Mercedes Benz Motorsport hmmm
Edited by: "jase.2" 31st Dec 2016

gerrymig

Lol

It's just lazy jealousy from your part.

She is successful, you are a loser, it's clearly a bitter pill for you to swallow.

riverman

It's just lazy jealousy from your part. She is successful, you are a … It's just lazy jealousy from your part. She is successful, you are a loser, it's clearly a bitter pill for you to swallow.

Lol (x2)

While in the Civil Service I used to write citations for nominees. The guidance says that people should be truly worthy and not just nominated for doing their job but the reality is quite different. So often the same names were being pushed without having any real merit (presumably because they've been promised something). Also, despite there being less than a couple of hundred people working in our non-descript organisation in the north east of England at least EIGHT of my colleagues were given OBE/MBEs just for doing their jobs (of course the Civil Service has many good people but also a large number of people who pick up good money for doing nothing other than 'talking a good game'). Two of them got their honours for services to human resources yet were known to have stitched up internal promotions to get the 'favoured' candidate. You scratch my back etc.

The Honours System is broken. Top civil servants get rewarded for failure, celebrities get rewarded for being a celebrity, millionaire donors get rewarded for bankrolling the prime minister, senior military officers get rewarded for being senior officers. And those that truly deserve to be recognised get an MBE if they're lucky.

MO - WHY JUST FOR RUNNING ?

JESUS FARKING CHRIST

gerrymig

I've never understood why Knighthoods are given out so freely these … I've never understood why Knighthoods are given out so freely these days...... and Victoria Beckham OBE .... Someone's just having a laugh!

She's massively successful in the fashion industry which brings positive attention to British culture. That's worthy of recognition.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

She's massively successful in the fashion industry which brings positive … She's massively successful in the fashion industry which brings positive attention to British culture. That's worthy of recognition.

Lol (x3)

gerrymig

Lol (x3)

Yes, yes, life is so unfair. X)

kick_u_in_the_nuts

MO - WHY JUST FOR RUNNING ?JESUS FARKING CHRIST

His Quorn Chilli-making skills are worthy of note.

kick_u_in_the_nuts

Because he's the most successful British track athlete in modern times. It's only right that we reward people for being the best in their field.

Obviously that generates some bitterness but that just makes the whole thing more fun. X)

shauneco

No Deeky on the list?

Meh

Original Poster

deeky

Meh

Oh well maybe next year

kick_u_in_the_nuts

https://thetwist03.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/mo-farah-coyote-meme.jpg

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Because he's the most successful British track athlete in modern times. … Because he's the most successful British track athlete in modern times. It's only right that we reward people for being the best in their field.Obviously that generates some bitterness but that just makes the whole thing more fun. X)

I don't think there's anything wrong with recognising individuals that have excelled in a particular field (Isn't that what the bronze, silver and gold medals, various trophys and sports personality of the year awards do?) but a knighthood for running fast or playing tennis? Knighthoods, like celebrity status used to mean something but not any more. It's not just Mo Farah and Andy Murray it's the long list of so called celebrities, sports men/women and corrupt politicians that receive these awards.

gerrymig

I don't think there's anything wrong with recognising individuals that … I don't think there's anything wrong with recognising individuals that have excelled in a particular field (Isn't that what the bronze, silver and gold medals, various trophys and sports personality of the year awards do?) but a knighthood for running fast or playing tennis? Knighthoods, like celebrity status used to mean something but not any more. It's not just Mo Farah and Andy Murray it's the long list of so called celebrities, sports men/women and corrupt politicians that receive these awards.

Actually Knighthoods have always been about favours and rewarding 'celebrity'.

What's 'lol'-worthy is you believing it was ever any different.

I'm fine with people who are British and lead the world in a chosen field being rewarded in a small way. I don't begrudge them that.

But there's always been that part of British society that does. They see a person getting out of a Rolls and they seethe at the injustice. Who knows, maybe if you get good enough at that you'll receive and MBE for it.

Best of luck with that.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Actually Knighthoods have always been about favours and rewarding … Actually Knighthoods have always been about favours and rewarding 'celebrity'.What's 'lol'-worthy is you believing it was ever any different. I'm fine with people who are British and lead the world in a chosen field being rewarded in a small way. I don't begrudge them that.But there's always been that part of British society that does. They see a person getting out of a Rolls and they seethe at the injustice. Who knows, maybe if you get good enough at that you'll receive and MBE for it. Best of luck with that.

Lol (x4)
There's no point trying to have a reasoned discussion with you as you're so wrapped up with the ex spice girls MBE.

gerrymig

Lol (x4)There's no point trying to have a reasoned discussion with you as … Lol (x4)There's no point trying to have a reasoned discussion with you as you're so wrapped up with the ex spice girls MBE.

OBE.

Enjoy seething with impotent rage.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

OBE.Enjoy seething with impotent rage.

vicky beckham got an OBE - order of the bitch empire ?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356128
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523389
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846049
    4. What an absolute disgrace1942

See more discussions