Found 30th Dec 2015
Who's got one?

Who will be promising that in 2015 they will lose weight, stop smoking, be less grumpy, exercise more etc

The being less grumpy might be applicable to a few on here! Me included

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
43 Comments

Mine is to find a job...

My New Year's resolutions are:

1. Stop making lists.
B. Be more consistent.
7. Learn to count..

Original Poster

madridpaid_the_referee

Mine is to find a job...

What kind of work do you do or what sort of a job do you want?

Have you got any particular skills?

Mine is to drink more water and start exercising(uber lazy). What are yours?

put on weight, do less exercise & take up smoking

Never seen you grumpy on here OP,can't say the same for others.

I need to stop buying on Steam, loads of games already and not enough time to play.

mine is to stop buying c**p i dont need off this site X)
Edited by: "scottydoobuy" 30th Dec 2015

Mine is to stop making New Year resolutions that I never keep!

I don't usually bother with new year's resolutions, but big changes are needed this year. I'm going to be more positive, stop hiding behind excuses and start taking more risks, get my social life back on track and start having more fun, and stop being such a walk over:)

2015 should be a good year

Banned

I have 2, the 1st is to cycle round the tt course and the 2nd is to not tell anyone in advance just in case I cba to do it

Reminded me of this..Enjoy

Advice
Edited by: "davewave" 30th Dec 2015

Learn to play the guitar, I keep going back to it and giving up.

Oh and i'm going to go on a diet and start back at the gym.... obviously X)

Not going to bother, cos I always feel a tiny bit bad when I break the resolution on jan1st
Edited by: "sofia_the_last" 30th Dec 2015

Dumping my hand and getting a actual girlfriend.

Play GTA V, Find a girl richer than me, get married, move in together, ....continue to play GTA V

Well, new home, new career, new financial footing. Be nice to get a bit fitter, do more with my boy, if I could find a man who wasn't a complete wazoo. Otherwise I need to establish a social life if possible.

Years ago I made a resolution to never make another one again, So far I have stuck to it.

mighty mugger

Dumping my hand and getting a actual girlfriend.

Be careful what you wish for.

Get fit and lose weight but not to beat myself up and consider it a failed resolution if I miss a few days. I want to do it over the year not a quick fix diet where it all gets put back on.

make more money and spend more money, in the reverse order.

My New Year's resolution is to take more risks.

I've just bought a flat in Brixton.

alanlukeb1

My New Year's resolution is to take more risks.I've just bought a flat in … My New Year's resolution is to take more risks.I've just bought a flat in Brixton.

that's about as risky as going to bed. X)

Banned

To be even more pro active politically, to distribute advertising materials if required.

Certain area's of this site alone have shown me that there is much ignorance that needs my help to correct and educate.

To report at local level anything that is marring my town, be it litter, dog problems, road and pavement problems, grafitti, anti social behaviour etc.

To continue to write to key government members with suggestions on how they can perform their work better.

To follow the epetitions and twitter more closely and comment where required.

To try and make the country a better place where I can.

Edited by: "Musician" 31st Dec 2015

Mark2111

What kind of work do you do or what sort of a job do you want?Have you … What kind of work do you do or what sort of a job do you want?Have you got any particular skills?

I've got a first-class in BSc Economics & Accountancy from City University, I graduate in July 2014. But I have struggled to find a role within accounting & finance.

Not into 'New Year resolutions'.
People usually do resolutions because they're the right thing to do - so why wait until this one day of the year?

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anywho, enjoy the parties and do you very best not to lose the plot; have a good one.
Edited by: "tryn2help" 31st Dec 2015

To stop looking at dogs trust and other rehoming websites.....I want them all!.....my o/h lives in fear of coming home to a pack of dogs ruling the house!

shazzashops

To stop looking at dogs trust and other rehoming websites.....I want them … To stop looking at dogs trust and other rehoming websites.....I want them all!.....my o/h lives in fear of coming home to a pack of dogs ruling the house!

you sound like me OH. if it was not for me, our house would be an extension of the dog's trust. X)

they all do great work, especially the dog's trust.

madridpaid_the_referee

I've got a first-class in BSc Economics & Accountancy from City … I've got a first-class in BSc Economics & Accountancy from City University, I graduate in July 2014. But I have struggled to find a role within accounting & finance.

sorry to hear this. it is a tough market out there for graduates in recent years.

what i would suggest is to apply to all fields that accept graduates, don't restrict yourselves to accounting & finance. it also helps if you are prepared to relocate to where there are jobs as you can gain experience then relocate back when you have more experience and employers find you more valuable.

most of all, don't give up hope. there's a job out there waiting for you as you sound very bright and able.

Editor

I'm not bothering this year.

Happy New Year Mark2111
Edited by: "BuzzDuraband" 31st Dec 2015

I'm giving up using the internet ,cycling in the rain and being so precise about the 2 minutes when making a Pot noodle.

madridpaid_the_referee

Mine is to find a job...

Good luck, keep trying, make sure your CV is great- as that's the employers first impression of you

Banned

Mines to Die Happy and wasted Its going well so far.

stop drinking 7 nights a week!! I have been doing that for about 18 months. I'm grateful to still be alive!

reduce to weekends only.

ive been drinking far to heavily for 10 years

thebaron69

I'm giving up using the internet ,cycling in the rain and being so … I'm giving up using the internet ,cycling in the rain and being so precise about the 2 minutes when making a Pot noodle.

love the pot noodle one. I eat loads of them things

asda have them for 50p at the moment.. I bought 12 of the beef and tomato ones... I had two a day for 6 days!!

40% saturated fat!!

Joanna18

Good luck, keep trying, make sure your CV is great- as that's the … Good luck, keep trying, make sure your CV is great- as that's the employers first impression of you

what about if you have a phone interview first?

madridpaid_the_referee

Mine is to find a job...

that reminds me.. im signing on tomorrow morning......
Edited by: "ELVIS_THE_PELVIS" 14th Jan 2015

you're looking good on those pot noodles Elvis X)
http://www.mtbe.co.uk/files/fat_elvis_785.jpg
Edited by: "Dark.Energy" 14th Jan 2015

vics219

I don't usually bother with new year's resolutions, but big changes are … I don't usually bother with new year's resolutions, but big changes are needed this year. I'm going to be more positive, stop hiding behind excuses and start taking more risks, get my social life back on track and start having more fun, and stop being such a walk over:) 2015 should be a good year

blimey.. I think we are related!! the only difference being I cant be arsed to do anything about it.. good on you

DarkEnergy2012

ive put on a stone since that photo...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop47
    2. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.22
    3. What's this on my neighbours roof?89
    4. Need a good printer where the ink is cheap to buy812

See more discussions