EXPIRED

New York

It's the misses birthday in October (its a biggy ending in a zero so need to do something special). She has always wanted to visit new york so I am going to try and book something for October. I can't seem to find anyting less than around £1500-£1800 (which includes flight and hotel taxes plus transfers for a weekend Friday to Monday). I was hoping to get a nice 4/5 star hotel. Is this the standard cost.

I would really appreciate some tips especially if you have been yourself.

6 Comments

Have you checked out lastminute.com ? the prices on there are usually quite good but when I've gone it always worked out better pricewise to go for a 5 night break during the week. I've paid between £1000 - 1200 for a 4 star 5 night break for 2.
To be honest I wouldn't waste money on a 5 star hotel, you'll be spending all your time out & about sightseeing. A 4 star hotel there is an ok 'tourist' hotel in my experience.

Original Poster

Thanks I will have a look at 5 night breaks.

also thomas cook

How much?!!

Not sure if it's the time of year... we went March for £950 for both of us, 5 nights over a weekend staying in the Sheraton on I think it was 52nd flew with Virgin, booked via Expedia...

If I was paying £1500 I'd be wanting to stay in the Waldorf!

Original Poster

Tried TC and price is about the same. Tried Expedia and lastminute - must be the time of year.

Went in August so hit me a PM if you want to know anything!
We went from Friday to Tuesday as far as I can remember, and managed to see pretty much everything. We got a cheap deal from Dial a Flight and ended up staying at Fashion 26 Hotel which was 4 * and pretty nice!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Can you change the battery on the newer style Oral B 4000 toothbrush?78
    2. Sky package66
    3. Amsterdam Booking.com advice22
    4. Should I Sky sports or not1311

See more discussions