New York City - Attractions

Found 10th Aug
I will be in New York City for 3 and a half days towards the end of this month, my first time visiting. I am thinking of purchasing a New York City Explorer Pass off Groupon to see either 5 or 7 attractions. Would anyone recommend doing this? Also would anyone recommend any of the attractions below?

• Empire State Building Skip the Box Office Line
  • Top of the Rock Observatory
  • Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus New York: Classic 1-Day Tour
  • Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Immigration Museum - Ferry Ticket
  • 9/11 Memorial & Museum
  • 9/11 Tribute Museum: Gallery Admission & Walking Tour
  • American Museum of Natural History
  • The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
  • Madame Tussauds New York
  • Landmarks Cruise: Circle Line Sightseeing
  • The Met
  • Full Suggested Admission is $25.00 per adult
  • Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum and Space Shuttle
  • Central Park Bike Rental: Full Day
  • Ripley’s Believe It or Not!® Times Square
  • Guggenheim Museum
  • National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey
  • The RIDE
  • The TOUR
  • The Downtown Experience by THE RIDE
  • Lady Liberty Cruise: Circle Line Sightseeing
  • Woodbury Common Bus Tour (Round Trip + VIP Coupon Booklet)
  • Night Tour by Big Bus New York
  • Hamilton Happy Hour Tour
  • Madison Square Garden®: All Access Tour™
  • Radio City Stage Door Tour®
  • Rockefeller Center Tour
  • Gulliver’s Gate
  • BEAST Speedboat Ride: Circle Line Sightseeing
  • Central Park Bike Tour
  • Brooklyn Bridge Sightseeing: Full-Day Bike Rental
  • The Whitney Museum of American Art
  • Ground Zero Museum Workshop: Hands-On 9/11 Tour
  • Food On Foot Tours
  • Catacombs by Candlelight Tour
  • Museum of Sex
  • Yankee Stadium: Classic Tour
  • New York Water Taxi: All-Day Access Pass
  • Clipper City Tall Ship Sail (Daytime Statue or Harbor Lights)
  • Luna Park at Coney Island: 4-Hour Ride Wristband
  • Shearwater Classic Schooner Sail (Daytime Statue Sail)
  • NYC TV & Movie Bus Tour by On Location Tours
  • Gossip Girl Sites Bus Tour by On Location Tours
  • Central Park Walking Tour
  • The Met Breuer
  • Central Park TV & Movie Sites Walking Tour
  • Brooklyn Bridge and DUMBO Walking Tour
  • The Met Cloisters
  • Hudson River Sightseeing: Full-Day Bike Rental
  • Great Women of New York: Walking Tour
  • New York Historical Society Museum
  • LEGOLAND® Discovery Center
  • New York Botanical Garden
  • Harlem Sightseeing Bike Tour
  • Harlem Sightseeing: Full-Day Bike Rental
  • Brooklyn Museum & Brooklyn Botanic Garden Combo
  • Graffiti & Street Art Walking Tour in Brooklyn
  • Best of Brooklyn Walking Tour in Williamsburg
  • Sopranos Sites Bus Tour by On Location Tours
  • Lincoln Center Tour
  • Best of NYC Cruise: Circle Line Sightseeing - Upgrade fee applies
  • When Harry Met Seinfeld Bus Tour by On Location Tours
  • Brooklyn Bridge Bike Tour
  • Harbor Lights Cruise: Circle Line Sightseeing - Upgrade fee applies

Thank you in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
The Passes can be great value if you've the time to get around town and see all the attraction you're interested in.
I'd recommend the "CityMapper" app to plan your route between each location. It will tell you how long it should take from point A to B.

Some of the locations listed above might take a few hours to see.
But places like the Museum of Sex, you'll be in and out within a few minutes
This site offers help in putting your attraction visits together smartdestinations.com/new…rue not sure if the price is any better than Groupon. Hope you have a nice time.
Wow that is a list.

I wouldn't do TOTR and Empire State, personally the TOTR is a better view and if you go early (as in when they open) you may be the only people there.

Rather than take a list, why not think about where you want to visit. If you are there for 3 and a half days, then I recommend, you make a list and do what you feel on the day. Enjoying a bit is better than rushing and hating it all.
DO the free Staten Island Ferry.
Edited by: "ssc1" 10th Aug
I enjoyed both top of the rock and the empire state building. Just be warned the amount of security checks when you're going up can be nerve-wracking.

The art museums, in my opinion, weren't with visiting unless you're extremely interested in art.

As above, the statue of liberty and Staten island were very good. From memory this pass gives you a fast track pass.

The Woodbury shopping centre was very good and some of the clothes were heavily discounted, but it will probably lose you a whole day of your trip. If you're there to shop (we weren't ) there's some nice shops there.

Just two tips other than those in the NY pass. The Lego shop, which is near Rockefeller centre, was really good to pop into and see the amazing displays. If you're going to see a show or sports game, I can highly recommend the basketball in Madison Square garden.
windym10th Aug

Wow that is a list.I wouldn't do TOTR and Empire State, personally the …Wow that is a list.I wouldn't do TOTR and Empire State, personally the TOTR is a better view and if you go early (as in when they open) you may be the only people there. Rather than take a list, why not think about where you want to visit. If you are there for 3 and a half days, then I recommend, you make a list and do what you feel on the day. Enjoying a bit is better than rushing and hating it all.

TOTR is better and yes get there bang on opening IIRC 1630? And REMEMBER to wear a collar, they will refuse entry without.

Personally I like walking around NYC, just choose a direction and go. It can surprise you with what you discover.

I feel safer in NYC than I do in Nottingham.

Enjoy your trip!
nikkip138 h, 22 m ago

I enjoyed both top of the rock and the empire state building. Just be …I enjoyed both top of the rock and the empire state building. Just be warned the amount of security checks when you're going up can be nerve-wracking. The art museums, in my opinion, weren't with visiting unless you're extremely interested in art. As above, the statue of liberty and Staten island were very good. From memory this pass gives you a fast track pass. The Woodbury shopping centre was very good and some of the clothes were heavily discounted, but it will probably lose you a whole day of your trip. If you're there to shop (we weren't ) there's some nice shops there. Just two tips other than those in the NY pass. The Lego shop, which is near Rockefeller centre, was really good to pop into and see the amazing displays. If you're going to see a show or sports game, I can highly recommend the basketball in Madison Square garden.

Jersey Mills as well for shopping!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants