New York City - Best Location To Stay

Found 9th Aug
Hi all,

I will be driving into NYC on the 20th August and leaving on the 23rd. I intend to keep the hire car. I am currently looking on AirBnB. Can anyone advise on the best area to stay in. I want free parking. Currently considering Weehawken, Unity City, West New York.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Check your rental insurance as everycar I've ever hired didn't allow it to be driven into NY.

When we stayed in NY a few years ago parking charges were $70 a night!

If you find a hotel you like ask the hotel about parking but moat hotels I'd suspect dont have onsite parking and instead do a valet service and parming it outaide of the centre.

I personally like the area around Central Park Ave but it's pricey. Friends live about 10 roads up on the right which seems to be more families and is quieter a d less touristy but then you have a trek back into the centre\t square\manhattan etc.
darlodge10 m ago

Check your rental insurance as everycar I've ever hired didn't allow it to …Check your rental insurance as everycar I've ever hired didn't allow it to be driven into NY.When we stayed in NY a few years ago parking charges were $70 a night!If you find a hotel you like ask the hotel about parking but moat hotels I'd suspect dont have onsite parking and instead do a valet service and parming it outaide of the centre.I personally like the area around Central Park Ave but it's pricey. Friends live about 10 roads up on the right which seems to be more families and is quieter a d less touristy but then you have a trek back into the centre\t square\manhattan etc.

Thank you for the advice will check my policy.

We ended up booking a cheap and cheerful hotel in north bergan, which has free parking. The bus from the hotel to Times Square is approx 15mins - 30mins.

Any other NYC tips???? My first time going.
Thats good, I thought free parking as like Rocking Horse poo

I'll have a look back at what we did, we went years back in Feb when it was -9°
slex8810th Aug

Thank you for the advice will check my policy. We ended up booking a …Thank you for the advice will check my policy. We ended up booking a cheap and cheerful hotel in north bergan, which has free parking. The bus from the hotel to Times Square is approx 15mins - 30mins.Any other NYC tips???? My first time going.

Don't eat any hotdogs
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants