New York Hotel stay

Found 17th Jun
Hello all, I'm after some advice. I am looking at 6/7nights in New York march /April next year. Never been, milestone holidays. Anyway, been on trip advisor and other sources but still confused. Any recommendations on where to stay without paying a fortune to stay? Do I stay somewhere slightly out of centre? I really don't want to pay 250 a night for just a room (that's why I use this sire ).
Thanks you all for your information, much appreciated.
Community Updates
11 Comments
Hey

We went in April and stayed at the Incontinental Times Square - literally a 5 minute walk from the famous central bit of Times Square.

Was reasonably priced, but I did book it when it was on offer via Expedia.

But if you can get it at a good price, I'd definitely recommend.
Nice hotel, excellent location and reasonably priced.

Enjoy NY, it is amazing!
HutchAW8 m ago

Hey We went in April and stayed at the Incontinental Times Square - …Hey We went in April and stayed at the Incontinental Times Square - literally a 5 minute walk from the famous central bit of Times Square.Was reasonably priced, but I did book it when it was on offer via Expedia.But if you can get it at a good price, I'd definitely recommend.Nice hotel, excellent location and reasonably priced.Enjoy NY, it is amazing!

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated
belcher1422 m ago

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated

No problem!

There are tons of similar hotels in the same area, between TS and Broadway - it's all about timing.
I'd keep an eye on Expedia, I found my hotel deal on there.

I'd definitely stay close to TS if you can, as everything is within walking distance.

Also anything further out is easily accessible via the subway, which is cheap and really easy to use.

Good luck hunting the right deal, but I can promise you that you'll have an amazing time
I'm looking into this too. One thing about staying outside the centre; the further away you are the more time and money you will spend on travelling. So unless it's really cheap, this could be a false economy. I'm just going to look for the most reasonably priced I can find that's fairly central.
We stayed at the Salisbury hotel. It's on 57th Street just south of Central Park and has a subway station half a block away. It's somewhat dated but was perfectly clean. There is also a great deli across the road which is brilliant for take out meals.
Use quidco and book through hotels.com. That way you get a bit of cash back and one free night after ten nights stayed. I stayed in the holiday in on 26th and 6th and it was about £130 a night back in 2014. I am hopefully going again next year. Two tips take the comfiest shoes you own and ear plugs to help sleep.
Edited by: "Wadda" 17th Jun
It was a fair few years ago, but I stopped in the skyline hotel which is in Hell's Kitchen last time I was there. Sounds awful but is only about a ten minute walk from times square. The hotel was fine but the view was unbelievable. Check out some of the pictures on tripadvisor.
Went 2 years ago and stayed at the LIC hotel in long island city which is a couple of tube stops from Manhattan and it's reasonable and comfy.

Enjoy its a great place!
Guzzle12 h, 28 m ago

I'm looking into this too. One thing about staying outside the centre; the …I'm looking into this too. One thing about staying outside the centre; the further away you are the more time and money you will spend on travelling. So unless it's really cheap, this could be a false economy. I'm just going to look for the most reasonably priced I can find that's fairly central.

Time perhaps but if you are buying a metro pass for a week (as I recall it was around $30 per person for a week) which allows unlimited use so it actually wouldn't make a difference to cost if you were buying a pass anyway.

One thing that may be helpful is to look on last-minute.com or Priceline for secret hotels where they don't give you a hotel name, but you can easily find out what hotel it is.

Also post your dates here and we can try and give some info.
Booking a package through Virgin or BA works out a lot cheaper than paying separately for hotel & flights.
Stayed at the Wellington good location and quite cheap.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants