New york in February

Found 17th Jun
Anyone been to New York in February? Was it really cold? Prices are really good around the middle of the month but is that because it’s pointless going as weather is too cold. October is my second choice but extra £600. Its for 2 adults and a teenager. Once in a lifetime trip.
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Yeah been there in mid feb around 6 years ago. It was cold but manageable. Just get a decent wind proof coat, a hat and some gloves.
mds12563 m ago

Yeah been there in mid feb around 6 years ago. It was cold but manageable. …Yeah been there in mid feb around 6 years ago. It was cold but manageable. Just get a decent wind proof coat, a hat and some gloves.

Thanks. Would you recommend?
October (IMHO) would be a much better bet. NYC in Feb could be anything from standard UK winter to 6 foot of snow. Late autumn is a great time to go.
airbus3309 m ago

October (IMHO) would be a much better bet. NYC in Feb could be anything …October (IMHO) would be a much better bet. NYC in Feb could be anything from standard UK winter to 6 foot of snow. Late autumn is a great time to go.

Is it quiet in October or always busy with it being a working city
went 15 years ago in Feb. it snowed most of the time
discozohan39 m ago

went 15 years ago in Feb. it snowed most of the time

Think October might be best. Would be so gutted to spend all that money to sit in a hotel room. Thanks
cj412 h, 35 m ago

Thanks. Would you recommend?

Yeah but it would be better in October. One thing when it’s cold though is you will see the steam coming out of the roads like in the movies
Edited by: "mds1256" 17th Jun
We've just booked to go next Feb as we're limited to school holidays and we already have something sorted for October half term.

After spending a load of time totting up flights and accommodation, hotel vs Airbnb etc etc we ended up booking flights and hotels through BA. After working out the actual cost of the hotel we're paying about £360 return for the flights each. It worked out a fair bit less than going with Norwegian or similar and paying for the accommodation on top. A lot of the prices quoted from other places that worked out cheaper had terrible flight times or were indirect via somewhere in Europe first.

Plus, whilst BA are no longer as good as they used to be, they have more than enough flights and partner airlines to get is home if the weather is horrendous and flights end up being cancelled.

Added to that we got 10% cashback through Complete Savings as well
I was there 11th Feb for 6 weeks last year, it really was fiercely cold the whole time.
Cakeboy791 h, 22 m ago

We've just booked to go next Feb as we're limited to school holidays and …We've just booked to go next Feb as we're limited to school holidays and we already have something sorted for October half term.After spending a load of time totting up flights and accommodation, hotel vs Airbnb etc etc we ended up booking flights and hotels through BA. After working out the actual cost of the hotel we're paying about £360 return for the flights each. It worked out a fair bit less than going with Norwegian or similar and paying for the accommodation on top. A lot of the prices quoted from other places that worked out cheaper had terrible flight times or were indirect via somewhere in Europe first.Plus, whilst BA are no longer as good as they used to be, they have more than enough flights and partner airlines to get is home if the weather is horrendous and flights end up being cancelled.Added to that we got 10% cashback through Complete Savings as well

Cakeboy791 h, 22 m ago

We've just booked to go next Feb as we're limited to school holidays and …We've just booked to go next Feb as we're limited to school holidays and we already have something sorted for October half term.After spending a load of time totting up flights and accommodation, hotel vs Airbnb etc etc we ended up booking flights and hotels through BA. After working out the actual cost of the hotel we're paying about £360 return for the flights each. It worked out a fair bit less than going with Norwegian or similar and paying for the accommodation on top. A lot of the prices quoted from other places that worked out cheaper had terrible flight times or were indirect via somewhere in Europe first.Plus, whilst BA are no longer as good as they used to be, they have more than enough flights and partner airlines to get is home if the weather is horrendous and flights end up being cancelled.Added to that we got 10% cashback through Complete Savings as well

Cakeboy791 h, 22 m ago

Thanks i will take a look. The prices are pretty good now im really confused lol. Lucky i have plenty of time to look. I would never have thought of BA for holidays. Thanks again.
501MHZ27 m ago

I was there 11th Feb for 6 weeks last year, it really was fiercely cold …I was there 11th Feb for 6 weeks last year, it really was fiercely cold the whole time.

That’s what’s putting me off. Im from Scotland but I hate being cold. Rain is no problem but chilly I seriously can do without. Thanks
Edited by: "cj41" 17th Jun
cj413 h, 58 m ago

Is it quiet in October or always busy with it being a working city

Its NYC, the city that never sleeps, so never really quiet, but anytime that is not June-Sept is better for crowds and blistering heat. As I said, Oct (and Apr May late Sept) are prime visiting times.
I've been at the end of January and it was so forefathers were huge blocks of ice in the hudson. It was unbelievably cold
psychobitchfromhell41 m ago

I've been at the end of January and it was so forefathers were huge blocks …I've been at the end of January and it was so forefathers were huge blocks of ice in the hudson. It was unbelievably cold

Thankyou. Must’ve been good to see the ice though?
cj414 m ago

Thankyou. Must’ve been good to see the ice though?

oh it certainly was. It snowed one day. Put down about three feet in an evening. By the following morning the pavements were all clear and the roads open. Wouldn't happen in this country. Two inches and our entire infrastructure collapses
So true.
From memory, February seems to be a bad time for airport closures/flight delays because of the snow.
I might be wrong.
Thankyou. That would be a complete nightmare think I will go in October too risky weather wise.
airbus33017th Jun

Its NYC, the city that never sleeps, so never really quiet, but anytime …Its NYC, the city that never sleeps, so never really quiet, but anytime that is not June-Sept is better for crowds and blistering heat. As I said, Oct (and Apr May late Sept) are prime visiting times.

Sorry to bother you but im looking at the 7 explorer pass. Who is best to book with? Ive seen attraction tix and attraction tickets. Or can you recommend anyone? Thanks
cj4122 h, 28 m ago

Sorry to bother you but im looking at the 7 explorer pass. Who is best to …Sorry to bother you but im looking at the 7 explorer pass. Who is best to book with? Ive seen attraction tix and attraction tickets. Or can you recommend anyone? Thanks

No bother at all. The explorer passes work if you can see all the attractions. I booked the ones I wanted to see directly and with the upgrade to skip the line. Rather see less but in comfort :-) I'd recommend skiping the line for the Statue of Liberty and Empire State. Must have saved us at least 3 hrs.

Just for info Groupon have deal on for the 5 Pass.
Edited by: "airbus330" 15th Aug
airbus33013 m ago

No bother at all. The explorer passes work if you can see all the …No bother at all. The explorer passes work if you can see all the attractions. I booked the ones I wanted to see directly and with the upgrade to skip the line. Rather see less but in comfort :-) I'd recommend skiping the line for the Statue of Liberty and Empire State. Must have saved us at least 3 hrs.Just for info Groupon have deal on for the 5 Pass.

Thankyou will have a look.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants