New York, New York!

Found 28th Nov 2017
Hi
After a great holiday in Florida Disney, my mam has expressed an interest in going to the big apple.
Ive had a quick look on skyscanners, prices arent too bad in April 2018, flying from Dublin.
Hotels prices however....wow! The hotel im looking at is Novotel New York Times Square but at £1,173 plus taxes (why isnt the tax in the price) for five night its a bit steep.
Does anyone know of hotel in a similar location to the Nivotel thats a bit cheaper, or is there a better month of the year to go to NK, but not too hot, not too cold, for two adults. Im a bit nervous about bring the slowest walker on the planet too far outside Times Square 🐢 Any help would be appreciated 💡
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I stayed here once about ten years ago
skylinehotelny.com/en/…tml
It is in hell's kitchen which sounds awful but is only a ten minute walk from times square even for a slow walker. The views were spectacular. Like I said it was a good few years ago and I believe it has been refurbished since then. I took my nearly seventy year old mother and my then eight year old son and it was easily walkable to times square for both of them.
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell58 m ago

I stayed here once about ten years …I stayed here once about ten years agohttp://www.skylinehotelny.com/en/rooms.htmlIt is in hell's kitchen which sounds awful but is only a ten minute walk from times square even for a slow walker. The views were spectacular. Like I said it was a good few years ago and I believe it has been refurbished since then. I took my nearly seventy year old mother and my then eight year old son and it was easily walkable to times square for both of them.

Thanks you great location!! And the price is a winner perfect for me and Mam x
happy19737 m ago

Thanks you great location!! And the price is a winner perfect …Thanks you great location!! And the price is a winner perfect for me and Mam x

When I was there they had an observation deck many storeys up and the views were just stunning. I hope it suits you, I loved it. The staff were lovely and if nothing else, there was a subway next door. Like I said, it was ten years ago but I would certainly return.
If you want to look just outside Manhattan, have a glance at Long Island City. I stay at the Courtyard By Marriott LIC. Its about a 30-40 min walk into Manhattan, but is opposite 2 subway stations or a 15 min Uber ride to central park. (traffic allowing :-) LIC is a lot cheaper, lots of local bars and restaurants, area is safe to walk around at night. Other hotels are nearby, but the Courtyard is around £115 a night. Visit Spring or Autumn. Summer is hideous and Winter chilling.
Stayed at the Riff Hotel about 2 years ago and the price of the rooms were reasonable and it was a few minutes walk to Penn Station.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants