Groups

New York Shopping Advice

Well im going to New York soon and wondered what the best shops to go to around the Time Square region. Im looking at buying various electricals such as a much needed new laptop. Can someone please advise me the best and cheapest shops that i can visit.
    Thanks

9 Comments

J&R's is a good electronics shop. heres there site - jr.com/tem…tem

also got to check out the apple store. its simple awesome

Time square is a rip off area for toursits go up 5th avenue from about 45th street loads of places on there.

Apple store is between 58th & 59th on 5th from memory, its open 24 hours and worth a visit even if you are not buying.

Beware that sales tax is added onto the prices in New York State so buy carefully,and if you get a laptop I would take it out of the box,just in case customs ask you a question or two

Original Poster

boothy;1541594

Time square is a rip off area for toursits go up 5th avenue from about … Time square is a rip off area for toursits go up 5th avenue from about 45th street loads of places on there.Apple store is between 58th & 59th on 5th from memory, its open 24 hours and worth a visit even if you are not buying.Beware that sales tax is added onto the prices in New York State so buy carefully,and if you get a laptop I would take it out of the box,just in case customs ask you a question or two

I thought as much. What sort of products am i really going to see a difference in price compared to the UK

clothes and high end electricals

MACY'S!!!!
    Best shop in the world lol...9 floors of madness.
    Tip tho. If your a geezer going with your other half....leave her at the hotel when you go, or you'll be broke!
    Also toys r us is great fun lol...full size ferris inside and a large gaming room on the bottom floor...hours can be lost just needless looking around lol...o and the willy wonka sweets/chocolate section is good!

i'm going soon as well...

i heard sales tax only applies over a certain threshold? can anyone confirm?

ryancs;1542539

I thought as much. What sort of products am i really going to see a … I thought as much. What sort of products am i really going to see a difference in price compared to the UK

Well for a start, the new slimline apple laptop has been releases in the states £200 cheaper than here! I'm sure you'll find a bargain or two

Looking for Duncan yoyos in nyc ,anyone know any good deals / where to buy them?

Probably everything in the states is cheaper then UK lol. As someone said before though be careful with customs. Id just take it out of the box and put it in your suitcase or something. The dollar exchange rate at the moment makes it a great time to be going. May go in the summer
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553805
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1901355
      3. Feels weird!511
      4. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)66

See more discussions