Groups
    EXPIRED

New York trains etc

Hi , I booked last night for New York next week for a few days just me and grandaughter had to get hotel at Newark airport (couldn't afford Manhattan) could anyone help me to find best and quickest way to Manhattan and if we can maybe get a 4day pass also any passes in Manhattan for travel.Thanks x

6 Comments

Hi, Newark is some way from Manhatten, possibly about 30-40mins drive so you don't want to do taxi all the time. If you download the Regional Transport diagram from the MTA website that should help web.mta.info/maps/

Best way is to catch the NJ Transit train to NY Penn station. Adult fare is $12.50, child / senior / disabled fare is $8.75. I would avoid the taxi as the traffic can be very unpredictable.

There is a mall just past Newark airport on the NJ transit which is cheaper than New York City shops

Original Poster

Thanks so much really appreciate you taking the time to answer .

humanuk

There is a mall just past Newark airport on the NJ transit which is … There is a mall just past Newark airport on the NJ transit which is cheaper than New York City shops

The mall is Jersey Gardens. It's huge and well worth paying a visit if you have time. When we went from Manhattan people were getting on the bus with empty suit cases to fill up for the return trip.

Jersey Gardens is fantastic. I had to buy a big bag to take back to Times Square buses are cheap too about 40 mins to station. Nice shops on 7avenue (Times Square) could then take red sub to lower Manhattan:-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      2. Apples new update610
      3. Any PS4 News Here29313799
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1841335

See more discussions