New Zealand story

Posted 22nd Aug
for those of you who are old enough to remember this game...

does anyone know if this appears on any of the currently available preloaded consoles

I have a nostalgia itch

many thanks to you all
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
Don’t do it.. just remember u loved it.. nostalgia isn’t great
Raspberry PI
Richikeapimp22/08/2020 20:17

I know your speaking sense, but unfortunately the idea has now taken root and the money is mentally spent

I'm a financial car crash
Taito made some great arcade games back in the late 80's and early '90s. New Zealand Story, Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, and the mighty Chase HQ. Let's go Mr driver!
Classic game. Remember it well on the anigh
Haircut_10022/08/2020 21:00

Taito made some great arcade games back in the late 80's and early '90s. …Taito made some great arcade games back in the late 80's and early '90s. New Zealand Story, Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, and the mighty Chase HQ. Let's go Mr driver!

Rainbow Islands...what a game! I'd long forgotten about it until today!
Rainbow Islands was a cracker. Did anybody else have the Captain Planet and the Planeteers game?!
Pecoleye22/08/2020 21:26

Rainbow Islands was a cracker. Did anybody else have the Captain Planet …Rainbow Islands was a cracker. Did anybody else have the Captain Planet and the Planeteers game?!

I had that on the Amiga 500, loved it
I seem to remember New Zealand Story being ridiculously hard as no such thing as saves back then so you had to start all over again when you failed.
Muig197222/08/2020 20:37

You can play it right now, in a …You can play it right now, in a browser!https://www.retrogames.cc/arcade-games/the-newzealand-story-world-newer.html

Sadly I don't own a pc, should really put that right at some point.
Satan_Claws23/08/2020 07:48

I seem to remember New Zealand Story being ridiculously hard as no such …I seem to remember New Zealand Story being ridiculously hard as no such thing as saves back then so you had to start all over again when you failed.

Indeed you're right, lots of swearing was involved
Loved this game. Had to YouTube it to double check (Atari st). Wasn’t there a sequel? Used to get pretty much all games on 3.5 inch discs from school friends. Not sure where they got them from, some had a fair few of the new games on. Saved me a fortune when they were £20 a game back then.
Speedball 2, kick off 2 and super cars 2 are favourites that spring to mind.
daniellndn23/08/2020 08:45

Loved this game. Had to YouTube it to double check (Atari st). Wasn’t t …Loved this game. Had to YouTube it to double check (Atari st). Wasn’t there a sequel? Used to get pretty much all games on 3.5 inch discs from school friends. Not sure where they got them from, some had a fair few of the new games on. Saved me a fortune when they were £20 a game back then. Speedball 2, kick off 2 and super cars 2 are favourites that spring to mind.

Speedball 2, what a game that was, may have to but an original console now

Such a shame
Catman6923/08/2020 08:26

Sadly I don't own a pc, should really put that right at some point.

I tried it on my Android phone just now, and it worked. The on-screen controls aren't ideal, but not bad for a quick nostalgia fix.
Richikeapimp22/08/2020 20:17

That is nostalgia, remembering you loved it...
Pecoleye22/08/2020 21:26

Rainbow Islands was a cracker. Did anybody else have the Captain Planet …Rainbow Islands was a cracker. Did anybody else have the Captain Planet and the Planeteers game?!

On Amiga 500+
mdubs23/08/2020 12:50

Amstrad version: …Amstrad version: https://archive.org/details/New_Zealand_Story_The_1989_Ocean_SoftwareMaster system:https://archive.org/details/segasms_New_Zealand_Story_The_1992_Taito_-_TecMagikYou can play in your browser

Nice. I'll take a look. Thanks Eddy Eagle, you were robbed at the Olympics.
Post a comment
@
    Text