Found 8th Oct 2007
Anyone been playing it? It's ages since I have played Zelda cos I haven't had a console myself since the N64, but got my DS now and got my Zelda...fun times

25 Comments

what???

Is it out over here?

Original Poster

Err it's...available...don't think it's out to buy for a week or so yet though :oops: :thumbsup:

lol ahh i see, just wink if it was a download?

The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass
shop.gameplay.co.uk/web…AGE

My son seems to like playing it....
:whistling:

Original Poster

It's a pre-emptive back up of the game I will be buying in a few weeks

lol at that.
I'm getting it before i go on hols! :w00t:

Ive been playing it for the past few days, its awesome.

It reminds me more of 'Link to the past'
Just like Twilight Princess is like an updated Ocarina of time, this is like the updated LTTP - in that its 2D gameplay in a 3D environment.

Well worth a look.

Original Poster

I'm stuck on it now, on something that's probably incredibly simple but I can't work it out lol

im waiting on my r4 card to come, will be playing it then

Its a follow on from The Wind Waker, which was a great game but damn how much sea cab someone cross in an hour. IT did drag on thanks to that. But hey its zelda so it cant be bad. Think i might buy a DS just for this game

FYI the sailing is actually quite fun this time and you can collect warp points to move even faster if you don't like it.

Starlet

I'm stuck on it now, on something that's probably incredibly simple but I … I'm stuck on it now, on something that's probably incredibly simple but I can't work it out lol

go on, I've nearly finished it so should be able to drop a hint.

Original Poster

alternate

go on, I've nearly finished it so should be able to drop a hint.

It's the part in the Ocean King temple place, where you have to 'press the crest against the sea chart' - I have already done that temple two times, so this is the 3rd time around.

Now it seems perfectly obvious that you open up your sea chart, and copy a drawing of the crest on to it...but...then what?! I have done that, but nothing new seems to happen.

Like I say, I am aware I am probably just being dumb here, but ******ed if I can get past it! :thinking:

Zelda, remember playing that years ago..

Wow..

Starlet

It's the part in the Ocean King temple place, where you have to 'press … It's the part in the Ocean King temple place, where you have to 'press the crest against the sea chart' - I have already done that temple two times, so this is the 3rd time around.Now it seems perfectly obvious that you open up your sea chart, and copy a drawing of the crest on to it...but...then what?! I have done that, but nothing new seems to happen.Like I say, I am aware I am probably just being dumb here, but ******ed if I can get past it! :thinking:

It is really dumb, but if it helps I discovered it totally by accident.

Make sure the grey? map is on the top screen and your map is on bottom - then close the DS. Open it again and voila! Like you pressed the screens together

Feel free to scream now

You actually have to do that temple about 5 times - but at least you get a shortcut after the next time so you can start half way down.

Original Poster

Oh wow, really? I never ever ever ever would have thought of that lol

Thanks, off to go through the dungeon AGAIN to get back to that spot

I got bored of trying, closed the DS to do something else and then when I came back ...

Completed it last night, was great There is a dodgy puzzle in the Ghost Ship to do with numbers which I would have never got Had to ask a friend

The levers in order? I think it is a hangover from the translation as it is counter-intuative.

Yeah, that one was frustrating!

Original Poster

alternate

I got bored of trying, closed the DS to do something else and then when I … I got bored of trying, closed the DS to do something else and then when I came back ...

I also closed it several times, thinking I'd go back to it later, but obviously never with the 2 right things on the right screens lol

completed! Boooya! Anyone kinda feel a little cheated by the fact that there were no side quests?

There was the Mermaid quest

Original Poster

I haven't played for a few days, got bored of doing that bloody Ocean King temple for the 5th time, I am sure I will pick it up again soon though

lol the mermaid quest! hahaha yeah.

Yeah going back to the ocean king temple after every other dungeon sucked a tonne! Damn now with Zelda completed I have nothing fun to play on DS... any suggestions?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…3973
    2. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***215

See more discussions