Newbie to PS4

Found 21st Nov 2017
Hi guys

I was in the market for a PS4 Slim (probably) but a friend has just got a PS4 Pro and given me his PS4 (Fat one). I have one controller and no games right now.

I'm going to be after FIFA 18 for my lad and Crash Bandicoot for the other one which I hope will drop on BF (otherwise there's Facebook/Gumtree/that auction site which are generally cheaper than CEX/Game I think). Any other good games for 8 year olds?

How about controllers though? - I need another one but see them at £40+. Is that right?

Also I need the PS+ Store which is around £37 for a year I think right now.

Any suggestions or other stuff I should look for?

Cheers

WJUK
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
The Lego games are great for co-op and perfect for 8 year olds.

PS+ RRP is £50 now I think but yeah, on sale at the store right now and when it is not people but generally pick it up at cdkeys for cheaper.

Can't help with the controllers but I'd assume eBay would be your best bet for cheaper than £40.

Musicmagpie might be a good place for used games too.
When you get PS+ up and running there are always very good deals on the PS store there is always a thread here on HUKD telling you whats on offer and the dates they are up for,as for controllers £35 is usually as good a price as you will get and don't bother with cheap after-market ones they are rubbish.
It might be worth setting up the PS4 with an account and getting a 14 day PS plus trial towards the end of this month/beginning of next if you intend to get a 12 month subscription later. By doing this you will be able to take advantage of this month's and next month's games which are given free to PS plus subscribers. The free games offered to PS Plus subscribers tend to be released on the first Tuesday of the month with each month offering a different selection of games.

Here are this month's offerings (note that not all games listed here are for PS4) - store.playstation.com/en-…E/1

I haven't played it myself, but Worms looks like it would be a fun game.
Edited by: "RossD89" 21st Nov 2017
Original Poster
gazman09097027 m ago

When you get PS+ up and running there are always very good deals on the PS …When you get PS+ up and running there are always very good deals on the PS store there is always a thread here on HUKD telling you whats on offer and the dates they are up for,as for controllers £35 is usually as good a price as you will get and don't bother with cheap after-market ones they are rubbish.

I noticed that the official ones are $39 on Amazon.com. I have a US gift card to use and delivery looks FREE. In theory this would be cheaper than the UK one (£30 ish).

Stupid question but I presume a US controller will work with a UK (PAL) system? (I don't see why not but best to ask)
Edited by: "WackoJackoUK" 21st Nov 2017
WackoJackoUK6 m ago

I noticed that the official ones are $39 on Amazon.com. I have a US gift …I noticed that the official ones are $39 on Amazon.com. I have a US gift card to use and delivery looks FREE. In theory this would be cheaper than the UK one (£30 ish).Stupid question but I presume a US controller will work with a UK (PAL) system? (I don't see why not but best to ask)

A quick google search says the controllers are the same worldwide
Original Poster
gazman0909701 m ago

A quick google search says the controllers are the same worldwide …A quick google search says the controllers are the same worldwide

Damn that unknown search engine
Crash bandicoot is fairly difficult for 8 year olds, hour about rachet and clank?
Shopto ebay usually have good controller deals.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants