Groups
    EXPIRED

Newcastle Accommodation for Great North Run Weekend

Can anyone suggest a place to stay in the Newcastle area for the Friday/Saturday/Sunday 17th, 18th and 19th of September. The official Run agency has told us nothing is available nearby.
    There will be 4 adults and 2 children.
    Thanks

8 Comments

Will you have transport so you can travel a few miles?

Just had a quick look at various hotels and any availability (for the 18th esp) is extortionate.

termite..

use this link nearer the time for possibly cheaper rooms.

Anywhere in Newcastle/Gateshead or even Sunderland would be fine.

www . realdiscountcodes .co .uk/travelodge-discounts.asp

Original Poster

LJM;8667865

Will you have transport so you can travel a few miles?

Yes, we will have a car.

Original Poster

Disco;8668325

termite..use this link nearer the time for possibly cheaper … termite..use this link nearer the time for possibly cheaper rooms.Anywhere in Newcastle/Gateshead or even Sunderland would be fine.www . realdiscountcodes .co .uk/travelodge-discounts.asp

Thanks for that, although we had hoped to have everything sorted so we could just concentrate on the training!
    We have stayed for a weekend in South Shields before, had a lovely time in the sea and Rolf Harris was singing in the park.

Have you tried airport hotels.....Britannia, Premier Inn Airport and in nearby Callerton. There's an Inn Keepers Lodge and Novotel at Kingston Park - all easily accessible to the Metro. Don't think the new airport hotel is open yet so not sure what it's called/going to be called.

Marriot at Gosforth Park and Metro Centre. Just trying to think off the top of my head....If I can think of any more I'll shout

Original Poster

luvvlychocolate;8670049

Have you tried airport hotels.....Britannia, Premier Inn Airport and in … Have you tried airport hotels.....Britannia, Premier Inn Airport and in nearby Callerton. There's an Inn Keepers Lodge and Novotel at Kingston Park - all easily accessible to the Metro. Don't think the new airport hotel is open yet so not sure what it's called/going to be called. Marriot at Gosforth Park and Metro Centre. Just trying to think off the top of my head....If I can think of any more I'll shout

None of them are taking bookings.

The Hilton, Gateshead, otherwise Google, B&Bs, Ocean Road, South Shields.

Another slim chance would be googling "Haven Caravan Park", South Shields, but, not having booked them previously, dont know what booking is like, or even if they take Tourists it you know what I mean
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1620
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      3. What laptop to choose?11
      4. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33

See more discussions