Newcastle to Belfast ?

Posted 18th Feb
what's the best way to do this ? can you get package deals or flights and hotel separate. think it was gonna be about 200 for the flights which isn't too bad but then your looking at nearly 500 for a few days. not sure if it's better just going to Europe somewhere for that much
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Can you give more details of when, how long & how many?
Is it just a holiday?
I assume you're looking at the EasyJet direct flight costs, you might consider flying to Dublin & getting the express coach direct from the airport to Belfast if time isn't an issue.
How many people. What dates.
IamMT18/02/2020 09:48

Can you give more details of when, how long & how many?Is it just a …Can you give more details of when, how long & how many?Is it just a holiday?I assume you're looking at the EasyJet direct flight costs, you might consider flying to Dublin & getting the express coach direct from the airport to Belfast if time isn't an issue.

Just the two of us. Was thinking maybe 3 nights or 3 if it wasn't too expensive. Just to do the titanic experience stuff then maybe hire a car to travel around some of the game of thrones places! The easyJet direct ones seemed like the cheapest I could find. But then the titanic Belfast hotel was at least 150 too, shame I can't see any deals on that one
MonkeyMan9018/02/2020 09:54

How many people. What dates.

Was looking for any bank holiday weekend for 2. The April one looked a lot cheaper
chrisredmayne18/02/2020 09:55

Just the two of us. Was thinking maybe 3 nights or 3 if it wasn't too …Just the two of us. Was thinking maybe 3 nights or 3 if it wasn't too expensive. Just to do the titanic experience stuff then maybe hire a car to travel around some of the game of thrones places! The easyJet direct ones seemed like the cheapest I could find. But then the titanic Belfast hotel was at least 150 too, shame I can't see any deals on that one

Rather than hire a car, consider driving over on the ferry:

poferries.com/en/…w=1 (from Cairnryan), that would also allow you more flexibility with hotels...
Why would you stay in the Titanic Hotel? There is not much around, if you have seen the museum you are basically done.

If you consider the Easter weekend, keep in mind that they don't serve any alcohol before 5pm and will stop at 11pm respectively 10pm on Easter Sunday in Northern Ireland.
Edited by: "Buckyball" 18th Feb
chrisredmayne18/02/2020 09:56

Was looking for any bank holiday weekend for 2. The April one looked a lot …Was looking for any bank holiday weekend for 2. The April one looked a lot cheaper

Take a look at the May Day weekend for the flights with Easyjet, don't forget this year May Day is Friday 8th. Titanic Hotel isn't worth the money. Take a look at The Templeton Hotel and The Hilton at Templepatrick (10 mins from airport, 15 mins to Belfast) . The Belfast International Airport bus stops right outside the Templeton and 5 min walk to the Hilton also. The same bus goes on into Belfast as an express service and runs mostly every 30 minutes.
If you have any other questions, certainly give me a shout, I actually live quite close to the Templepatrick area (I even use that bus service myself anytime I'm heading into the city for a drink). Just don't during that week in May though as I'll be in Turkey lol. Rather than rent a car you can also do the GOT filming tours from Belfast. The below link is the firm who actually also transported the cast and crew around, also they the ones who do the N.Ireland Football team.

mccombscoaches.com/tours
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 18th Feb
Important to mention there is also an Irish town called Newcastle
.Yoshimitsu.18/02/2020 18:38

Important to mention there is also an Irish town called Newcastle

How can it be an Irish town when it's in the United kingdom.
micksy18/02/2020 19:58

How can it be an Irish town when it's in the United kingdom.

Are you trying to be political Is Edinburgh not a Scottish city and Cardiff not a Welsh city...

I would have made reference to there being a Newcastle in Australia if that was where the OP was flying to.
.Yoshimitsu.18/02/2020 20:56

Are you trying to be political Is Edinburgh not a Scottish city …Are you trying to be political Is Edinburgh not a Scottish city and Cardiff not a Welsh city...I would have made reference to there being a Newcastle in Australia if that was where the OP was flying to.

I'm from Belfast, Newcastle is in Northern Ireland county down which is United Kingdom which is the Great British £ not the € which Ireland use.
micksy18/02/2020 21:06

I'm from Belfast, Newcastle is in Northern Ireland county down which is …I'm from Belfast, Newcastle is in Northern Ireland county down which is United Kingdom which is the Great British £ not the € which Ireland use.

So if I went out for a drink in Belfast I wouldn't be allowed to ask for an Irish whisky or an Irish coffee
.Yoshimitsu.18/02/2020 21:18

So if I went out for a drink in Belfast I wouldn't be allowed to ask for …So if I went out for a drink in Belfast I wouldn't be allowed to ask for an Irish whisky or an Irish coffee

Now your just spitting your dummy out of your pram,I'm just stating fact, sry you getting soooooooo worked up over it.
micksy18/02/2020 21:21

Now your just spitting your dummy out of your pram,I'm just stating fact, …Now your just spitting your dummy out of your pram,I'm just stating fact, sry you getting soooooooo worked up over it.

You are the one trying to make it political Some people from Newcastle, England might find it interesting that there are other towns in the world with the same name. Same reason a Batman fan might be interested to know there is a village in Nottinghamshire called Gotham.
I would also reconsider Titanic hotel, it’s overpriced for what it is. I recommend Hampton by Hilton in central Belfast, new hotel opened in last 18mth or so, v gd complimentary breakfast is included with all rooms, the rooms are compact but very quiet, stylish and comfy, and it really is a 1-2min walk out the front door into the Great Victoria st train & coach station (there is a back entrance from the hotel). Total price for 3N 8 May is £286 as an example of price. And then 1min walk from that station to the Crown Liquor Saloon which is a pub owned by the National Trust and definitely worth a visit for a pint and Irish stew. Enjoy your trip!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants