Newsgroup providers?

Found 4th May
Hey guys,
Looking for the collective hive mind opinion

Currently using tweaknews for my nzb consumption.. paying in the region of 34eur a month, which is probably far too much but it's been the lazy option for a while... figure I should finally change it.

I wouldnt say I'm a power user as such, but I'm on an unlimited package which sorts me out.

Any suggestions/experiences? Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Newshosting
I always use Norwegian or holland based servers. They are cheap and have great retention usually. You just pay more for more speed. You get the odd take down for got titles but popular items get uploaded frequently if you look properly. Put it this way i had 3 this year so far. But found easily enough after 10mins of searching elsewhere for another source.

Usenetbucket

Extreme usenet

I find they are much cheaper than others and recently have way better retention, as they arent the quickest to take stuff down.
Oh forgot to say i use the basic bucket at £2.60 ish per month. As speed isnt a major point for me.

If you wait until they have deals on you can get a year for roughly £20. 10mbit. Unlimited downloads. I line a few downloads up daily or every other day, and leave it running on tablet its usually done in a hour or two.

Most rips of hd quality are down in 20 to 30mins

Nearly forgot to say i have hard good things about these guys but never tried them.

Sunny usenet
OP how are you managing 34euro. Had a look and the websites most expensive is 12.95 euro a month on a rolling contract.
Have a look for the backbone provider you like, and search out the cheapest. Otherwise your just paying for nothing, a bit like with gas and elextric. Google usenet backbone providers33746117-Yqldr.jpg
Edited by: "MonkeysUncle" 4th May
MonkeysUncle12 m ago

OP how are you managing 34euro. Had a look and the websites most expensive …OP how are you managing 34euro. Had a look and the websites most expensive is 12.95 euro a month on a rolling contract.

Cracking up here. Sorry! My bad! 34eur for 3 months at a time, so yeah works out the top whack package of around 11eur.

Tho actually looking at the site again, they've got a 12month deal atm for unlimited including vpn for 60eur... that feels decent!
adam_10019 m ago

Cracking up here. Sorry! My bad! 34eur for 3 months at a time, so yeah …Cracking up here. Sorry! My bad! 34eur for 3 months at a time, so yeah works out the top whack package of around 11eur.Tho actually looking at the site again, they've got a 12month deal atm for unlimited including vpn for 60eur... that feels decent!

If it works for you its great,
I never be afraid of changing stuff about in life.

It often works out cheaper and / or better sometimes just as good. Sometimes its a terrible decision.
If its that bad it can always be cancelled and changed back.

Dont worry too much about vpn. If you use ssl all your internet provider sees is that you are connected to a newgroup.
MonkeysUncle6 m ago

If it works for you its great, I never be afraid of changing stuff …If it works for you its great, I never be afraid of changing stuff about in life.It often works out cheaper and / or better sometimes just as good. Sometimes its a terrible decision. If its that bad it can always be cancelled and changed back.Dont worry too much about vpn. If you use ssl all your internet provider sees is that you are connected to a newgroup.

That's a pretty interesting diagram. As I've not had huge issues with tweaknews over... maybe 2/3 years I've not gone to this depth to see where the best is! Like you, on the odd occasion I do get a take down here or there but typically it's been alright. Totally with you - I'm not overly fussed where I go, I've just been extremely lazy in bothering to shop around!

Yeah fair comment re vpn, I use ssl so I'd be good there. Always an amusing conversation when I'm re-negotiating the virginmedia contract

I'll have a poke about with the ones you've suggested and see which works out cheapest Thank you so much!
Op. Pm'd you.

Dont want to ruin usenet and advertise decent content and sites too much.

rule of usenet dont talk about usenet etc.
I just pay for a block. 1tb costs me £20 and lasts me easily 18 months (unlimited speed, ssl). I use sonarr and sabnzbd to automatically download TV shows as they air.
Edited by: "chocci" 5th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants