Is anybody a member of Newzbin

newzbin.com/acc…up/

Could you please send me an invitation?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
23 Comments

yeah..send me over your addy

Why use this when its so expensive?? Try astraweb.

Original Poster

Im still quite new this, but i set up an aacount with Astaweb & I know need Newzbin to find the NZB files i believe anyway...

princesspeanut;5980602

Im still quite new this, but i set up an aacount with Astaweb & I know … Im still quite new this, but i set up an aacount with Astaweb & I know need Newzbin to find the NZB files i believe anyway...

you dont mate, use a free one like altbinz, used for an age now and no probs.

or nzbmatrix.com - very user friendly for your first go

worto03;5980745

or nzbmatrix.com - very user friendly for your first go

thats what I use for the nzbs, all alot more complicated for newbies than when i used usenext as it was all in one just search and click lol.

Original Poster

Thanks guys, Just to confirm i currently have an Astraweb account and a progrmamme called grabbit.

& you both recommend using NZBmatrix to find the files i am looking for?

Do you guys upgrade to the premium account?
Do the downloads automatically include the PAR files (think i have that right)

rbquk;5980569

Why use this when its so expensive?? Try astraweb.

looooool

newzbin is an indexing site :?

and the best one @ that

rbquk;5980695

you dont mate, use a free one like altbinz, used for an age now and no … you dont mate, use a free one like altbinz, used for an age now and no probs.

Your confusing ]Newzbin the NZB site (which is what the OP wants an invite to) with ]Newsbin the newsreader

barneydog;5980821

Your confusing ]Newzbin the NZB site (which is what the OP wants an … Your confusing ]Newzbin the NZB site (which is what the OP wants an invite to) with ]Newsbin the newsreader

lots of confusion in here it seems :-D

barneydog;5980821

Your confusing ]Newzbin the NZB site (which is what the OP wants an … Your confusing ]Newzbin the NZB site (which is what the OP wants an invite to) with ]Newsbin the newsreader

Soz mate, got the wrong end of the question lol, anyway how good is the Newsbin NZB site compared to NzbMatrix?

My bad.:?

Original Poster

Just had a look at altbinz is this the same as Grabbit?

It looks a lillte better as you can set it up to repair the PAR files i believe

princesspeanut;5980856

Just had a look at altbinz is this the same as Grabbit? It looks a lillte … Just had a look at altbinz is this the same as Grabbit? It looks a lillte better as you can set it up to repair the PAR files i believe

I prefer Alt binz, a lot more user friendly imo.

princesspeanut;5980793

Thanks guys, Just to confirm i currently have an Astraweb account and a … Thanks guys, Just to confirm i currently have an Astraweb account and a progrmamme called grabbit.& you both recommend using NZBmatrix to find the files i am looking for?Do you guys upgrade to the premium account?Do the downloads automatically include the PAR files (think i have that right)

When you click on what you want it will tell you what par files are included and if any probs just use a program like quickpar and I am a vip yes with nzbmatrix.

princesspeanut;5980793

Thanks guys, Just to confirm i currently have an Astraweb account and a … Thanks guys, Just to confirm i currently have an Astraweb account and a progrmamme called grabbit.& you both recommend using NZBmatrix to find the files i am looking for?Do you guys upgrade to the premium account?Do the downloads automatically include the PAR files (think i have that right)

NZBMatrix is fine and whether you upgrade pay the £7 depends on whether you want to download NZBs older than 20 days, it's a one off lifetime payment anyway so probably worth it.

Your Newsreader will download the par files if they are included in the NZB file which in most cases they are.

I prefer altbinz also, because i can schedule downloads on it, I download between the hours of midnight - 8am which is free usage on my Plusnet broadband account

Original Poster

Does Alt binz not fix the problems automatically? The PAR files are a little over my head. I downloaded a film the other night and did not know how to fix the errors...

princesspeanut;5980856

Just had a look at altbinz is this the same as Grabbit? It looks a lillte … Just had a look at altbinz is this the same as Grabbit? It looks a lillte better as you can set it up to repair the PAR files i believe

It will use the par files to repair any missing or broken parts of the downloaded file, you have to go into

Setup > Par2 Options and tick the Par2 Checking and Par2 Repairing boxes

and then Altbinz will check the file and try to repair it if broken

Once you have set this option it will do it automaticaaly everytime

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help guys...

I am going to stick with Astraweb
Download altbinz & replace Grabbit

Make sure the altbinz has the settings in place to automatically fix files...

princesspeanut;5980977

Thanks for all your help guys...I am going to stick with AstrawebDownload … Thanks for all your help guys...I am going to stick with AstrawebDownload altbinz & replace GrabbitSign up to NZB matrix Make sure the altbinz has the settings in place to automatically fix files...

All good choices :thumbsup::)

Have a read through Slyck's guide, it explains a lot about Usenet, you don't need to know all of it but it has some useful info

slyck.com/New…les

there are plenty of altbinz guids on nzbmatrix.com too if you want to know about settings ect. I had a lot of problems when I first moved from grabbit but they helped me out in the VIP section of the forum - it's worth the fee just to get the help from other VIP's somethimes!

Would anyone be able to give me an invite?

Thanks

Nick

Remember programs like quickpar and hjsplit are handy for this type of stuff also.
Post a comment
@
    Text