Next best alternative to PayPal ?

I am going to make a payment to somebody I've never met and I presume paypal is best for this although, he says he has been scammed through paypal before ... but he is willing to use any other form of payment eg Nochex or Moneybookers etc ....

Which would you suggest to offer the best security for me in case he doesn't send the item ?

Thanks
James

10 Comments

Sounds dodgy. You could do a bank transfer, but if you hear the words escrow, western union etc be on high alert for scammers.

sounds like a scam to me. If i were you i wouldnt bother. buy elsewhere.

Cash by Special Delivery would cost you about a fiver & they will have to sign & will not have any bank details of yours. Ensure you have product first though.

Original Poster

darren9030;8743183

Cash by Special Delivery would cost you about a fiver & they will have to … Cash by Special Delivery would cost you about a fiver & they will have to sign & will not have any bank details of yours. Ensure you have product first though.

Never thought of that actually, what would be the benefits to this if they didnt actually send it ?

send a postdated cheque by recorded delivery, if they fail to deliver by the date when the cheque can be cashed, cancel the cheque

Banned

yahya300785;8743218

send a postdated cheque by recorded delivery, if they fail to deliver by … send a postdated cheque by recorded delivery, if they fail to deliver by the date when the cheque can be cashed, cancel the cheque

LOL - would you accept terms like that when selling?

postdated cheques can easily be cashed early in a branch as most fail to check dates.

Banned

you could use an escrow service where both parties have to agree satisfaction before funds are released

moneybookers.com/app…853

Banned

yahya300785;8743218

send a postdated cheque by recorded delivery, if they fail to deliver by … send a postdated cheque by recorded delivery, if they fail to deliver by the date when the cheque can be cashed, cancel the cheque

what about when he won't send till the cheque clears? I wouldn't.

Original Poster

csiman;8743362

you could use an escrow service where both parties have to agree … you could use an escrow service where both parties have to agree satisfaction before funds are releasedhttp://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow&rid=15381853

This seems like the best option ...

So say I sent him £200 the money would stay with moneybookers until I say that I have received the item ?

Banned

james_lfc;8744770

This seems like the best option ... So say I sent him £200 the money … This seems like the best option ... So say I sent him £200 the money would stay with moneybookers until I say that I have received the item ?

yep, read the FAQ which explains the process :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949
    2. GOT Leaks again415
    3. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions