next door neighbour pipe has just bust

in the front garden sending water onto the streets, no one is in. what can i do?
i rang the water company they cant do anything today

45 Comments

Nothing other than try in get touch with your neighbours to let them know...

Grab a sponge and have a wash?

Try and patch it up with gaffa tape first then try and contact them.

stop tap isnt going to be outside is it ?

kjbenja;7300721

Try and patch it up with gaffa tape first then try and contact them.

yeah do that...if it doesnt stop it with gaffa tape then your not using enough gaffa tape

Banned

Turn it off from the pavement - it will look like this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/326473448_b30b4e5add.jpg

there should be a valve in the street for the property, you may be able to shut off but you will probably need a specic tool for the job

Banned

what do you mean the water company cant do anything today, it is their responsibilty, cheeky gets, phone your local paper, im sure theyde be interested in a company not being concerned about water waste

Not a lot you can do . Its the Water boards responcablilty and you have told them :thumbsup:. There may be a stop cock in the street outside their home but you probably wouldn't be able to reach it so

1) go have a cuppa
2) don't slip on the ice from all that water in the morning :thumbsup:

Banned

JonnyTwoToes;7300737

Turn it off from the pavement - it will look like this:

i was assuming the burst was before that, if thats not the case op get out and turn it off - lol

sassie;7300751

what do you mean the water company cant do anything today, it is their … what do you mean the water company cant do anything today, it is their responsibilty, cheeky gets, phone your local paper, im sure theyde be interested in a company not being concerned about water waste

Actually if it it on your property then you actually own the pipes and it will be upto you to pay and fix, always getting letters from the water company for insurance against this and wilth all the cold weather, now thinking it might not be a bad idea

Call the water company again and threaten to go to the paper. Waste responsibility, social responsibility and liability if there is an accident.

Get your skates ready for tonight.

Or find a Grit box and start shoveling.

Banned

coddfather;7300767

Actually if it it on your property then you actually own the pipes and it … Actually if it it on your property then you actually own the pipes and it will be upto you to pay and fix, always getting letters from the water company for insurance against this and wilth all the cold weather, now thinking it might not be a bad idea

you dont actually own the pipes, dig them up and flog them and see what happens, this is water board companies say to get you to foot the bill

sassie;7300788

you dont actually own the pipes, dig them up and flog them and see what … you dont actually own the pipes, dig them up and flog them and see what happens, this is water board companies say to get you to foot the bill

]http//ww…pdf

Banned

sassie;7300751

what do you mean the water company cant do anything today, it is their … what do you mean the water company cant do anything today, it is their responsibilty, cheeky gets, phone your local paper, im sure theyde be interested in a company not being concerned about water waste

not if its in the garden

as soon as it crosses into your garden it stops being their responsibility

When you ring talk into a glass of water so it makes a bubbling sound, they may come out quicker then.

As above there maybe a stop cock outside the property you can isolate.

Banned

Can i sell the pipework?

dimebars;7300803

not if its in the gardenas soon as it crosses into your garden it stops … not if its in the gardenas soon as it crosses into your garden it stops being their responsibility

This ^^^

We had to change some pipework ourselves,it was our responsibility to sort it from the garden to the pavement,then when that was done United Utilities had to inspect it.

sassie;7300822

Can i sell the pipework?

If you don't want a water supply go ahead.:thumbsup:

Banned

my garden has my stop tap in it and my next door neighbours, am i responsible for hers too

Banned

Babbabooey;7300840

If you don't want a water supply go ahead.:thumbsup:

sassie;7300844

my garden has my stop tap in it and my next door neighbours, am i … my garden has my stop tap in it and my next door neighbours, am i responsible for hers too

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Banned

sassie;7300844

my garden has my stop tap in it and my next door neighbours, am i … my garden has my stop tap in it and my next door neighbours, am i responsible for hers too

If its on your property then yes

I had a bust pipe in my garden. It was just before my water meter and Anglian water fixed it for free as it only becomes my resposibility after the water meter but maybe ever company are treating the rules differently.

How much are you going to get for a second hand pipe with a hole in it?

Suprised Sassie hasn't mentioned the '7 day thread lock if deciding to sell' yet

Banned

dimebars;7300856

If its on your property then yes

pmsl dont talk soft

Banned

greg_68;7300863

How much are you going to get for a second hand pipe with a hole in … How much are you going to get for a second hand pipe with a hole in it?Suprised Sassie hasn't mentioned the '7 day thread lock if deciding to sell' yet

:giggle::giggle::giggle::santa:

Original Poster

tried to look for a valve couldnt find anything. i guess im going to have to let it run

If you're on a water meter then grab a bucket - free water! :thumbsup:

Maybe this should be moved to the freebies section? :whistling:

Tell them Santa will put them on the naughty list if they dont shut it off.
they will be around straight away

Banned

wash the car?

[email protected] thinking sassies other thread is for real!

deb8z;7301205

U mean its not? And there was me thinking she was being heartless :thumbsup:

davidn84;7301226

U mean its not? And there was me thinking she was being heartless … U mean its not? And there was me thinking she was being heartless :thumbsup:

She is heartless:-D

deb8z;7301205

ooooooooooh I get it now :oops:

Banned

the serious crew are in now, even xmas couldnt crack some peoples faces

to the op, hope all is sorted soon for ya

Original Poster

nice thread sassie made me giggle

coddfather;7300767

Actually if it it on your property then you actually own the pipes and it … Actually if it it on your property then you actually own the pipes and it will be upto you to pay and fix, always getting letters from the water company for insurance against this and wilth all the cold weather, now thinking it might not be a bad idea

not all true, we used to live in an old house 1930's and it was the water company;s problem, we had them out a couple of times of blocked drains.

is the property actually owned??? might be rented, council, private landlord, housing association. If you know, can you contact any of those?

shanecr;7301785

is the property actually owned??? might be rented, council, private … is the property actually owned??? might be rented, council, private landlord, housing association. If you know, can you contact any of those?

you think HA will be more help :w00t: i called them at 3 oclock yesterday cos the toilet was backing up, was told 2 doors down had already reported issue with theirs....still waiting for a visit now :roll:

loupomm;7301851

you think HA will be more help :w00t: i called them at 3 oclock yesterday … you think HA will be more help :w00t: i called them at 3 oclock yesterday cos the toilet was backing up, was told 2 doors down had already reported issue with theirs....still waiting for a visit now :roll:

Doh. we have a gaping hole in our eves, reported well over a month ago. Its insane. Actually, think will prob report it to council and see if they can force them to come out quicker.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7101342
    2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2368
    3. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1826
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826369

See more discussions