Next shop credit accounts

Posted 27th Dec 2019
Hi,

Last week I came across users discussing for the pre sale events at Next stores where they get early access to the sale items which normal users get from in store sale day, like 26th December.

I enquired about it in the store and they don't have a clue about it.

so, I am now looking for some insight into this and need some answers please?

1. how do one open it?
2. what are the pros and cons of this account?
3. how to get early access to the sales?
4. are these early sales access is in the shops or online?
5. any alterative to this account where one can get early access to the sale items?

many thanks in advance for reading and helping out as you always do.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
1. Sign up to a credit account at next.co.uk
2. Pros and cons - its a credit account so it depends upon personal circumstances for both
3. You are emailed and text invites to sign up for a specific time slot if you have bought something in the previous quarter (6 months?)
4. Online only
5. Not as far as I'm aware
markmc99927/12/2019 13:18

1. Sign up to a credit account at www.next.co.uk2. Pros and cons - its a …1. Sign up to a credit account at www.next.co.uk2. Pros and cons - its a credit account so it depends upon personal circumstances for both3. You are emailed and text invites to sign up for a specific time slot if you have bought something in the previous quarter (6 months?)4. Online only5. Not as far as I'm aware

Thank you Markmc999. On point 2, have you suggested that pros and cons depends on the credit check/file or is it something related to the next account?

Also, on point 3, are there any prerequisites to receive email/text as I have seen a post recently where users have discussed to have the account for long, £250 in credit and something to do with returns?

Many thanks again for advising and helping out.
I believe Next decide who qualifies for a VIP slot, based on your orders, returns, payments etc...
It's not something you can opt into.
Never understood the attraction of next it’s a crappy shop...
g33h127/12/2019 13:26

Thank you Markmc999. On point 2, have you suggested that pros and cons …Thank you Markmc999. On point 2, have you suggested that pros and cons depends on the credit check/file or is it something related to the next account?Also, on point 3, are there any prerequisites to receive email/text as I have seen a post recently where users have discussed to have the account for long, £250 in credit and something to do with returns?Many thanks again for advising and helping out.

Yes. The Next Account is what you need for the sales.

In terms of sales, no idea over minimum order values - I, however, am very low spend so cant imagine such a thing exists.
Bargainhead27/12/2019 15:26

Sometimes you find a bargain and good quality clothes too
markmc99927/12/2019 18:50

Yes. The Next Account is what you need for the sales.In terms of sales, no …Yes. The Next Account is what you need for the sales.In terms of sales, no idea over minimum order values - I, however, am very low spend so cant imagine such a thing exists.

Final question, do all the clothes in the shops are found online when we get the slots or they have different stocks for shops and online sales?
The stock varies between stores, so, I imagine it also varies between online and instore as well.
markmc99927/12/2019 20:58

The stock varies between stores, so, I imagine it also varies between …The stock varies between stores, so, I imagine it also varies between online and instore as well.

Thank you so much
I guess I have got all the answers now. Thank you. Specially to @markmc999
Ok just to add a bit more info. Opening a next account is easy - the credit limit depends on your credit check (I have a £3k limit on my account for some reason).

However VIP sale slots are not guaranteed and can even be a bit random. Some people meet all the criteria and never get them. Some people always seem to get them and some people get them some sales and not others. It’s all hotly debated online forums as not fair!

Add to that; there are different time slots and tranches of invites go out - so this year I could register immediately and got the first slot for 4.30pm but some people could only get a slot until the next day and so only got 8pm or 9am the second day of the VIP sale. Most of the great stuff goes in the first hour tbh.

What’s being sold? So so so much more than you get in the shops. Plus virtually everything you get in the shops - far more chance of the online sale having your size than the store given the amount of stock that they carry.

Why is the next sale so good when stuff sold in the shops is hit and miss quality?The online catalogue also has a huge range of branded goods - this year I bought half price Superdry, Oakleys sunglasses, North Face, Adidas, women’s clothes brands and Nike Air. Stuff that is very very rarely reduced by 50% in other shop sales. However this is the stuff that goes out of stock in the VIP in the first 30 mins.
Edited by: "bluep" 27th Dec 2019
Bargainhead27/12/2019 15:26

Then you have never shopped in the Next VIP sale. Their discounts on branded goods are unheard of.
bluep27/12/2019 23:37

Then you have never shopped in the Next VIP sale. Their discounts on …Then you have never shopped in the Next VIP sale. Their discounts on branded goods are unheard of.

What brand don’t they only sell next clothes? If so the sale price is all there worth only in my opinion..
Nope
The catalogue sells :
The North Face
Barbour
Helly Hanson
Calvin Klein
Adidas
Nike
Reebok
Superdry
Fatface
The White Stuff
Lipsy
Hugo Boss
Levis
Converse
Lyle & Scott
Lacoste

The list goes on...

For example, in the last two sales I’ve got Oakley sunglasses 50% off down to £55, Nike Air trainers same - down to £50...North Face duffle bag, North Face down jacket, North Face fleece - all down 50%...Superdry stuff as well. That kind of stuff is in the sales elsewhere but not in such volume and with a clear 50% off. As I said though - it all goes in the first hour of the VIP slots.
Edited by: "bluep" 28th Dec 2019
Bargainhead28/12/2019 09:29

What brand don’t they only sell next clothes? If so the sale price is all t …What brand don’t they only sell next clothes? If so the sale price is all there worth only in my opinion..

See my reply above (it didn’t quote you for some reason!)
bluep27/12/2019 23:36

Ok just to add a bit more info. Opening a next account is easy - the …Ok just to add a bit more info. Opening a next account is easy - the credit limit depends on your credit check (I have a £3k limit on my account for some reason).However VIP sale slots are not guaranteed and can even be a bit random. Some people meet all the criteria and never get them. Some people always seem to get them and some people get them some sales and not others. It’s all hotly debated online forums as not fair!Add to that; there are different time slots and tranches of invites go out - so this year I could register immediately and got the first slot for 4.30pm but some people could only get a slot until the next day and so only got 8pm or 9am the second day of the VIP sale. Most of the great stuff goes in the first hour tbh.What’s being sold? So so so much more than you get in the shops. Plus virtually everything you get in the shops - far more chance of the online sale having your size than the store given the amount of stock that they carry. Why is the next sale so good when stuff sold in the shops is hit and miss quality?The online catalogue also has a huge range of branded goods - this year I bought half price Superdry, Oakleys sunglasses, North Face, Adidas, women’s clothes brands and Nike Air. Stuff that is very very rarely reduced by 50% in other shop sales. However this is the stuff that goes out of stock in the VIP in the first 30 mins.

Excellent add-on info. Grateful and thankful
bluep28/12/2019 10:42

See my reply above (it didn’t quote you for some reason!)

Ok thanks for the info, I thought they only sold next stuff...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants