Next store - having watch repaired/adjusted

Has anyone else ever had to bring a watch they have bought from next into the stroe to have the strap adjusted?

I got a new watch from the sale just after christmas and because the strap was too big i brought it in for them to adjust.

They said it would have to be sent away to be done and would take 2 weeks, so they give me my receipt and off i went.

Four weeks later and i still haven't had a call, so i phoned the shop only to be told by some girl, who didn't sound like the brightest person, that "they would phone me when it's ready"

Not exactly sure how long i'm supposed to wait for this phone call as i was told it would be a maximum of 2 weeks.

Anyone esle had to take a watch to next for adjustment, and how long did it take?

8 Comments

I got a very expensive watch for xmas and took it to the cobblers/watch repair in the market and he adjusted the bracelet to my size there and then for a fiver..

Original Poster

jellybaby22;4285608

My ex had the same problem....they took almost 5 weeks to call us....and … My ex had the same problem....they took almost 5 weeks to call us....and only chased the watch up after I called and spolke to the manager.....might be worth calling and letting them know you arent happy :thumbsup:

Ill be going in on saturday to do just that :thumbsup:

ukmonkey;4285625

I got a very expensive watch for xmas and took it to the cobblers/watch … I got a very expensive watch for xmas and took it to the cobblers/watch repair in the market and he adjusted the bracelet to my size there and then for a fiver..

Wish i'd have done that now too, :-(

ukmonkey;4285625

I got a very expensive watch for xmas and took it to the cobblers/watch … I got a very expensive watch for xmas and took it to the cobblers/watch repair in the market and he adjusted the bracelet to my size there and then for a fiver..

That was helpful! :whistling:

Actually so do I, 3 quid on the market and it fits a treat! ;-)

go on the trading standards website. there are set time-scales for these things

we had a dvd recorder go wrong just after buying it. currys insisted on sending it away. it didn't get fixed in the set time so we go our money back and then it was posted back to us. he he.

Original Poster

blackpeppa;4286404

go on the trading standards website. there are set time-scales for these … go on the trading standards website. there are set time-scales for these thingswe had a dvd recorder go wrong just after buying it. currys insisted on sending it away. it didn't get fixed in the set time so we go our money back and then it was posted back to us. he he.

any idea what the set time is? had a quick look on the trading standard website but can't find anything

it's probably best to speak to a manager instead of just whoever answered the phone - take names & note down dates each time you speak to someone in case it really starts to drag on.

As already mentioned I'd happily buy a watch from next but probably wouldn't use them to get it adjusted.

Original Poster

worto03;4286550

it's probably best to speak to a manager instead of just whoever answered … it's probably best to speak to a manager instead of just whoever answered the phone - take names & note down dates each time you speak to someone in case it really starts to drag on.As already mentioned I'd happily buy a watch from next but probably wouldn't use them to get it adjusted.

yeah the thing is it was an ellesse one which was reduced from £145, i didn't really want someone else messing with it in case it invalidated the warranty

Original Poster

as i stil hadn't heard anything i went in today to find out where my watch was as it's now been 5 weeks since i brought it in.

I was told by the manager that the place it was sent to had only had it 2 weeks and i'd have to wait another 2 weeks for it!

He couldn't tell me where it had been for the other 3 weeks and why it is going to take them another 2 weeks to do it.:x they only have to take a couple of links out!

so they will have had my watch for nearly 2 months and there is not a lot i can do about it.

I have written a complaint to next and would advise anyone who gets a watch from them not to bring it to them to have adjusted.

Awful service
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1633
    2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764435
    4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11

See more discussions