Next temporarily stops taking online orders

Country Manager12
Posted 26th Mar
One of the team has just spotted this on the Next website. No more online orders until further notice. They will try to fill already made orders, and you can access your account tomorrow afternoon to try to track orders

We'll update you if we hear more - for now we have expired the few active Next deals we had, and any newly submitted Next deals will be deleted until we know more

3428614.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Douglas_Birks26/03/2020 19:49

Can't believe we are still disputing what is an "essential worker"... …Can't believe we are still disputing what is an "essential worker"... Honestly I'm just staggered

Saw someone on a driving lesson today with an instructor. I was dumbfounded and wondered who was more stupid; the instructor or the learner.

Can't believe we are still disputing what is an "essential worker"... …Can't believe we are still disputing what is an "essential worker"... Honestly I'm just staggered

Sadly no one said essential workers, they said if you can work from home do, if you cant you can go to work as long as the employers allow social distancing. When the PM announced it most though we were in lockdown but it’s only partial at least for the moment. Agree though it is staggering, should be a full lockdown.
12 Comments
River island as well

riverisland.com/
Edited by: "eslick" 26th Mar
Here or hear?
They've closed their distribution warehouses round here. Just been on the local news
Can't believe we are still disputing what is an "essential worker"... Honestly I'm just staggered

Sadly no one said essential workers, they said if you can work from home do, if you cant you can go to work as long as the employers allow social distancing. When the PM announced it most though we were in lockdown but it’s only partial at least for the moment. Agree though it is staggering, should be a full lockdown.

Saw someone on a driving lesson today with an instructor. I was dumbfounded and wondered who was more stupid; the instructor or the learner.
eslick26/03/2020 20:04

Sadly no one said essential workers, they said if you can work from home …Sadly no one said essential workers, they said if you can work from home do, if you cant you can go to work as long as the employers allow social distancing. When the PM announced it most though we were in lockdown but it’s only partial at least for the moment. Agree though it is staggering, should be a full lockdown.

I guess the unofficial plan is to ramp up the number of infected. 2,000 new cases a day would take 100 years to get through the population. Certainly looks to be trump's plan for the USA, regardless of the consequences.
Edited by: "chocci" 26th Mar
They’re letting off staff, calls coming through now
chocci26/03/2020 20:32

Saw someone on a driving lesson today with an instructor. I was …Saw someone on a driving lesson today with an instructor. I was dumbfounded and wondered who was more stupid; the instructor or the learner.

driving tests are cancelled but if you are a essential worker you can still have a test.
chocci26/03/2020 20:34

I guess the unofficial plan is to ramp up the number of infected. 2,000 …I guess the unofficial plan is to ramp up the number of infected. 2,000 new cases a day would take 100 years to get through the population. Certainly looks to be trump's plan for the USA, regardless of the consequences.

Your numbers are wrong you aren’t using exponential growth, your calc is based on 2k a day x365 x100 years

On a multiple of x4 ie each case infects 4 people
2k cases likely to infect x4 8k then 32k then
128k then 512k then 2,048k then 8.2m then 32m x4 = UK population

Yes x4 maybe a little extreme, but it highlight the potential of this pandemic
It is highly contagious compared to flu etc

Whether the uk government said essential workers or not, in the lockdown statement they clearly said “we need to stop the virus” what part of that did the people carrying on regardless getting on a tube to London not understand
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 26th Mar
whatyadoinsucka26/03/2020 23:02

Your numbers are wrong you aren’t using exponential growth, your calc is b …Your numbers are wrong you aren’t using exponential growth, your calc is based on 2k a day x365 x100 yearsOn a multiple of x4 ie each case infects 4 people2k cases likely to infect x4 8k then 32k then 128k then 512k then 2,048k then 8.2m then 32m x4 = UK population Yes x4 maybe a little extreme, but it highlight the potential of this pandemic It is highly contagious compared to flu etcWhether the uk government said essential workers or not, in the lockdown statement they clearly said “we need to stop the virus” what part of that did the people carrying on regardless getting on a tube to London not understand

Its bosses that don't understand it, the government said if you can work from home do it if you can't go to work still... So our choices are die or lose our homes....

It doesn't even matter wether people are paye or self employed either... If the place is still open you are expected to go in or face discaplinary action!

The 80% is only if you are furloghed by the company! Or its £94 per week

I'm up at 1am with worry/borderline panic as I'm going to my job steel supplier at 7am for my job!
I've been in all week, putting my life and my families life at risk and my workmates too I suppose.
Clothing retailers are closing their distribution centres because they are struggling to enforce the social distancing for their staff.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants