Next wave of Nintendo Wii U Selects Range confirmed

Editor 22
Found 10th Mar 2016
6 new titles priced at £19.99 each and released on April 15th...

New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Wii Party U
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
LEGO City Undercover

Gutted that 3D World didn't make the cut. But more than happy with Mario & Luigi U as my kids scratched my previous copy, and Wind Waker HD? Happy days!

22 Comments

Original Poster Editor

Nintendo of Europe has announced that six Wii U exclusives are to shortly join the Nintendo Selects range, released as five retail titles.

With Nintendo 3DS and Wii games already available in the budget priced line, that will see some of Wii U’s most popular games join the line-up – having collectively sold a combined total of more than four million units across Europe so far.

The new additions include platformers New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, multiplayer antics in Wii Party U, and solo adventures The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and LEGO City Undercover.

These six Wii U titles will join the Nintendo Selects range across Europe on April 15th, priced at £19.99 (€24.99).

I thought 3D World was confirmed as being part of this

Original Poster Editor

jco83

I thought 3D World was confirmed as being part of this

Confirmed in North America:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
NES Remix Pack
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World

Oh, I bought Zelda and Lego 2nd hand for £25 each just last week. I avoided 3D world as I thought that was going to be a definite select title. I can't get to grips with the Nintendo game market at all!

Thanks for the heads up Buzz!

I wonder how long before we see the prices drop like the 3ds select titles?
Edited by: "nicblaney" 10th Mar 2016

Any updates on 3DS titles?

Well that's disappointing. Not only are we paying more than America ($19.99 = £14.06) but we're missing two of the best games from the bunch (Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D world). It's very hard to support Nintendo lately, which pains me to say the least.

Original Poster Editor

dtovey89

Any updates on 3DS titles?

Nothing as of yet I don't think. It's hard to guess, two of the four confirmed for NA are already available for Europe...

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Nintendo-Selects.jpg

DK and OoT would be nice additions though

BenTheLazyGamer

It's very hard to support Nintendo lately, which pains me to say the … It's very hard to support Nintendo lately, which pains me to say the least.

I disagree, I bought a 3DS yesterday because this range made me realise that now is a good time to jump on board.

BuzzDuraband

DK and OoT would be nice additions though

Definitely. Fingers crossed for OoT

oUkTuRkEyIII

I disagree, I bought a 3DS yesterday because this range made me realise … I disagree, I bought a 3DS yesterday because this range made me realise that now is a good time to jump on board.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Nintendo fan. I've owned every single console and hardware revision, as well as hundreds of games since the SNES. I just disagree with the way they're conducting business lately. Hardware tied purchases, archaic online infrastructure, poor regional pricing, region locking etc.

My 3DS is one of my favourite Consoles of all time. I just wish Nintendo would step it up, stop relying on nostalgia and take a leap of faith into the future instead of comfortably sitting in the past.

BenTheLazyGamer

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Nintendo fan. I've owned every single … Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Nintendo fan. I've owned every single console and hardware revision, as well as hundreds of games since the SNES. I just disagree with the way they're conducting business lately. Hardware tied purchases, archaic online infrastructure, poor regional pricing, region locking etc.My 3DS is one of my favourite Consoles of all time. I just wish Nintendo would step it up, stop relying on nostalgia and take a leap of faith into the future instead of comfortably sitting in the past.

Can't argue with that.

They need to get that awful online service sorted out... and region locking is a **** take.

A very decent line-up. Lego City Undercover and Wind Waker HD have rarely dropped in price. A few sites seem to be stating New Super Mario Bros U + Super Luigi U as the two game disc which would be great value. Hopefully we'll also see some retailers dropping these to the £10-£15 range.

The selects range is released in waves so SM3DW + Pikmin 3 are likely contenders for future releases.

Huh, All I can hear is Kaaching [eBay is calling!] $$$ X)

so when these hit store shelves will the they lower the prices for the originals, or will they start at a lower price point

UberPark

so when these hit store shelves will the they lower the prices for the … so when these hit store shelves will the they lower the prices for the originals, or will they start at a lower price point

Generally speaking black label (non select) tend to hold value.

I paid £49.99 for Lego City on Digital! :(, but i might actually buy Zelda now..

also be quick CEX offers decent prices on these right now.
Edited by: "haritori" 11th Mar 2016

Original Poster Editor

Update:

It's 5 games. Super Mario Bros. & Super Luigi are the combined edition. WooHoo!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdSH9NyXEAAOPX1.jpg

BuzzDuraband

Update:It's 5 games. Super Mario Bros. & Super Luigi are the combined … Update:It's 5 games. Super Mario Bros. & Super Luigi are the combined edition. WooHoo!

Sweet!

The next wave of 3ds select titles is coming in autumn just a heads up.

Banned

The next wave of Wii U Selects? lol. It's the first.

Original Poster Editor

Gamer_U

The next wave of Wii U Selects? lol. It's the first.

lol.

Banned

Good thing you don't work for Nintendo's marketing because it's bad enough as it is.
Post a comment
@
    Text