nextbase 312gw dashcam

Found 19th FebEdited by:"leitchyleck"
hi, i have above dashcam working with supplied 12 volt power supply, it works fine but starts recording when a door opens!

Bought a cheap chinese hardwired kit of the bay (£5.50) by mistake then realised it has the large piggy back type fuse connector.

Can Anyone point me in the direction of a mini piggy back fuse connector for my 2015 megane?

I just need the fuse connecter with cable not the full hardwired kit. Thx.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
14 Comments
I suggest (with the minimal information given ) that you have it connected to the wrong fuse , maybe worth a check in conjunction with your cars handbook .
Either that or you have the movement/motion activating setting enabled on the camera, turning that off will fix the issue.
I think it’s called g sensor if I remember correctly.
Original Poster
rogparki38 m ago

I suggest (with the minimal information given ) that you have it connected …I suggest (with the minimal information given ) that you have it connected to the wrong fuse , maybe worth a check in conjunction with your cars handbook .

The fuses in my cars glovebox are smaller and don't fit into the wiring kit adapter I bought.
Original Poster
cmdr_elito12 m ago

Either that or you have the movement/motion activating setting enabled on …Either that or you have the movement/motion activating setting enabled on the camera, turning that off will fix the issue.

Movement? When I open the car door?
leitchyleck57 s ago

Movement? When I open the car door?

Yes it’s very sensitive. I have two nextbase cameras and have disabled it on both!
Either that or you have wired it into the interior light or something that is activated by the door opening.
Original Poster
cmdr_elito48 m ago

Either that or you have wired it into the interior light or something that …Either that or you have wired it into the interior light or something that is activated by the door opening.

My friend, have you read the entire thread?
It's currently powered by the cars 12v source which powers up on unlocking the doors. I am trying to power it through an ignition based source so it comes on when I start up.
leitchyleck11 m ago

My friend, have you read the entire thread?It's currently powered by the …My friend, have you read the entire thread?It's currently powered by the cars 12v source which powers up on unlocking the doors. I am trying to power it through an ignition based source so it comes on when I start up.

If all you need is a mini piggy back connector best place is ebay. ebay.co.uk/itm…G8P

Make sure your 100% you need mini fuse and not micro.
Edited by: "tje1978" 19th Feb
leitchyleck6 h, 29 m ago

My friend, have you read the entire thread?It's currently powered by the …My friend, have you read the entire thread?It's currently powered by the cars 12v source which powers up on unlocking the doors. I am trying to power it through an ignition based source so it comes on when I start up.

I thought you bought a hardwire kit. These connect directly into the fuse box which wakes up on ignition depending on which one you connect to. I’ve wired two cars up with these and mine work fine and start as I start the engine (Ford Focus 2017 and Ford Fiesta 2014)
Original Poster
cmdr_elito2 h, 39 m ago

I thought you bought a hardwire kit. These connect directly into the fuse …I thought you bought a hardwire kit. These connect directly into the fuse box which wakes up on ignition depending on which one you connect to. I’ve wired two cars up with these and mine work fine and start as I start the engine (Ford Focus 2017 and Ford Fiesta 2014)

Yes I did buy the kit but it's the wrong one, fuse connecter is too big.
Original Poster
tje19789 h, 1 m ago

If all you need is a mini piggy back connector best place is ebay. …If all you need is a mini piggy back connector best place is ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Add-A-Circuit-Piggy-Back-Fuse-Tap-Mini-Blade-Fuse-Holder-ATM-12V-FUSE/332557411372?hash=item4d6df7642c:g:NlYAAOSwjZJZ6G8PMake sure your 100% you need mini fuse and not micro.

So there are 3 sizes? Normal, mini & micro?
leitchyleck17 m ago

So there are 3 sizes? Normal, mini & micro?

Yes your car will either be mini or micro. Check your car manual and it will tell you the size you have.

Micro or mini piggyback connectors can both be had on eBay for under £2
Original Poster
tje19787 h, 51 m ago

Yes your car will either be mini or micro. Check your car manual and it …Yes your car will either be mini or micro. Check your car manual and it will tell you the size you have.Micro or mini piggyback connectors can both be had on eBay for under £2

Thx, ordered, looks like the mini fuse.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants