Groups

Nexus 5 replacement

Looking to replace my Nexus 5 mobile, would like something similar, for me the Nexus was best mobile I had ever owned, easy to use, excellent screen and size. I bought it used via hot deals about 18 months ago for £100. I will be looking again for used about same cost, I have no intention on spending hundreds on any mobile. I would like something as near to the Nexus 5 as possible, Must be Android and unlocked if possible or able to use Talkmobile. Trouble is I am not to well up on mobiles. Any suggestions on what mobiles to look out for.

9 Comments

iPhone 8

only kidding.

Nexus 6p, pixel.......

dothedealnow

iPhone 8 only kidding.Nexus 6p, pixel.......

Lol. He asked for something at £100 or less. And you suggest the Pixel! Only £799 more to go.

mtuk1

Lol. He asked for something at £100 or less. And you suggest the Pixel! … Lol. He asked for something at £100 or less. And you suggest the Pixel! Only £799 more to go.

​you missed "only kidding"

Motorola G4 variants Vodafone Smart Ultra 6_ Samsung s6......

dothedealnow

​you missed "only kidding"Motorola G4 variants Vodafone Smart Ultra 6_ S … ​you missed "only kidding"Motorola G4 variants Vodafone Smart Ultra 6_ Samsung s6......

You said only kidding after iPhone 8. So it looks like you were suggesting the other two.

If your budget is £100 i would stick with the Nexus 5, it will still be better than anything costing £100

What about Huaweii Y6? About £100 new. Great specs and a great manufacturer. Plus you're not paying a premium for the name. I have an Honor 7 (same makers) my son has the Y6 and it is fast. Checkout the specs..

carphonewarehouse.com/hua…tml!colour=black&dealType=pg

Original Poster

spencer24

If your budget is £100 i would stick with the Nexus 5, it will still be … If your budget is £100 i would stick with the Nexus 5, it will still be better than anything costing £100

I would stick with my Nexus 5, but it's no longer working. Looked at a few used ones, but all in very poor condition.

Original Poster

mrty

What about Huaweii Y6? About £100 new. Great specs and a great … What about Huaweii Y6? About £100 new. Great specs and a great manufacturer. Plus you're not paying a premium for the name. I have an Honor 7 (same makers) my son has the Y6 and it is fast. Checkout the specs..https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/huawei/y6-ii-compact.html#!colour=black&dealType=pg

Like the look of this. £130 new sim free, only just over budget, plus factor it's new. Will try and have a look at one in local CPW store this weekend...Thanks

Original Poster

Local shop not very helpful at all, pushing contract phones. Ok I can have new phone for a few £ more than I pay for sim only deal now, but I don't want a 2year contract, that's why I bought used Nexus 5 in first place. Will keep eye out on new and used mobiles offered on here. Got old Moto g 2 as temp mobile.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714462
      2. word association Game73844456
      3. Royal Mil track and trace45
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)60477

See more discussions