Nexus 5x, Moto x play or Moto Z play?

13 replies
Found 5th Oct 2016
Looking to replace my Nexus 5 with something else, but the Pixel models are a little too pricey.

So looking for comments from owners of the following on which to go for & why
Nexus 5x
Moto Z Play
Moto X play

13 Comments

This is not really an answer but I'm selling my sons x play if interested I can list it on the sale section. Looking around £120, it's 9 months old

The z play, it's getting some good reviews and is a current model.

Original Poster

stoney73

The z play, it's getting some good reviews and is a current model.

​The only negative I'm reading about the Z play in reviews is the camera is poor, yet the test pics always look comparable to my Nexus 5.

Always better to get real owner reviews than journalists who might have been incentivised or biased in their reviews.

Is the X play due to get Nougat? As that's a major deciding factor and might rule out the X play?

simonhawking

​The only negative I'm reading about the Z play in reviews is the camera i … ​The only negative I'm reading about the Z play in reviews is the camera is poor, yet the test pics always look comparable to my Nexus 5.Always better to get real owner reviews than journalists who might have been incentivised or biased in their reviews. Is the X play due to get Nougat? As that's a major deciding factor and might rule out the X play?

​To be fair, the nexus 5 isn't renowned for decent pics either, it was panned for its camera. the Z camera is being compared to those of current flagships, hence the criticism.

I have x play dual sim
Good battery life and performance but I cane it, have 2 sims and have WiFi /4g always on and so i get no where near the 2 day claimed.
Edited by: "mrwhitelabel" 5th Oct 2016

simonhawking

Looking to replace my Nexus 5 with something else, but the Pixel … Looking to replace my Nexus 5 with something else, but the Pixel models are a little too pricey. So looking for comments from owners of the following on which to go for & whyNexus 5xMoto Z Play Moto X play

Moto X Play out of your choices for sure, can pick up 170£ refurbished on ebay

Also reccomend samsung note 4, 200£ ebay refurbished

- New pixel looks so overpriced, its slight faster and better camere (until next month when new phone is best camera)
all the features is software related

Original Poster

Thanks all. Busy looking at Z play deals.

Are there any other Motorola codes?

I have Nexus 5x great phone except screen time get 6 hours which is not ideal if this is important to you go for Moto z play as others have said receiving good reviews. If you are not always on the move and can easily change consider Nexus 5x the charging is fast

have you considered a OnePlus3, I upgraded from a Nexus 5 and love my OnePlus3.

have you considered a OnePlus3, I upgraded from a Nexus 5 and love my OnePlus3.

I recently considered the 5x but ruled it out as no expandable storage.

As you are looking at Motorola, I bought the G4 Plus.

I am (so far) extremely impressed.

It knocks spots off the LG G3 I had.

Original Poster

hottoast

I recently considered the 5x but ruled it out as no expandable storage. … I recently considered the 5x but ruled it out as no expandable storage. As you are looking at Motorola, I bought the G4 Plus. I am (so far) extremely impressed. It knocks spots off the LG G3 I had.

​G4 plus doesn't have NFC though?

Original Poster

I'm still struggling to come to terms with ditching Nexus and the instant Android updates & monthly updates despite being sold on the Z play now
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    2. word association Game74244916
    3. Add one, leave one game54415442
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604813

See more discussions