Nexus 5x replacement recommendations

Found 17th Jun
My nexus 5x has just dies with the dreaded bootloop issue. I'm now looking for a cheap replacement. I only use my phone for general browsing/ebay etcso don't need the latest an greatest.

Requirements
Around £150
Sensible screen/overall size
Fingerprint scanner
Decent cameras
Android/Google play store

Looking back on old deals are any of these any good?

Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus
Xiaomi Mi A1

Something else?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Is it over 2 years? Mine boot looped after 23 months and sent it fir repair to LG who replaced motherboard. The warranty is 2 years LG hope you are just inside that.
You should be looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (dual camera) not the Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus (weaker CPU).
Have a look at the Xiaomi MI A1, brilliant phone for the money and it as fast as my previous phone which was a OnePlus 3.
duncan51127 h, 16 m ago

Is it over 2 years? Mine boot looped after 23 months and sent it fir …Is it over 2 years? Mine boot looped after 23 months and sent it fir repair to LG who replaced motherboard. The warranty is 2 years LG hope you are just inside that.

Alas yes then i bought a second hand one and it done the same after 3 months. Shame as I really like the phone, was going to get a reballed main board from china but it costs the same as a new phone.I will check out the Xiaomi's
lurch1 h, 55 m ago

Alas yes then i bought a second hand one and it done the same after 3 …Alas yes then i bought a second hand one and it done the same after 3 months. Shame as I really like the phone, was going to get a reballed main board from china but it costs the same as a new phone.I will check out the Xiaomi's

That is a shame also LG phones must be the most unreliable going as nexus 5x and LG4 no end of problems boot loop. Mine is ok for now after repair but after 2 years battery life very poor probably cost a lot to get a genuine battery replacement. At least nexus 5x was not expensive so got good use.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions