Nexus 6P Stock?!

I am a little puzzled.. maybe you guys can enlighten me.

Since the Pixel phones were released I have not seen any Nexus 6P for sale! I am not talking about the dodgy Asian companies (that sell phones with missing UK/EU LTE modems) or eBay.. I am referring to UK based companies (in store or online).

What has happened to all the stock that would have been left unsold after the Pixel announcement.. I was expecting some price drops so I can pick one up.

Hmm.. very strange.

Any thoughts?

KKH

10 Comments

I've been just as puzzled. I've been waiting for the Nexus 5x and 6p prices to drop so I can buy them but there's nothing, anywhere. I believe the 5x is discontinued, they pulled it off the shelves because of the bootloop problems after the latest Android update but there's no 6p deals anywhere, it's still around the £350 mark which is pretty frustrating.

Me too. I'm guessing that because the phone has been discontinued there is limited stock available. In my opinion I just don't see what is so good about the pixel phones, they are stupid money when compared to the nexus line. If a few others are thinking the same, then what little stock of the awesome 6P there is left, is being hovered up by the ones disappointed with the £720 Pixel XL - WTF. I've even thought about just buying the nexus at £350 cos its still better value and I like the larger screen.

I've also been keeping an eye out for the nexus 6p,i can't see it on the Google store website which is weird.

I thought the price would have dropped a little and was hoping to get my hands on one as well.

Yeah, I think it came off the Google store the day before the Pixel launched. I guess they want to separate the Pixel from the nexus devices. Their message is that this is the first phone made by google, which is odd because I thought that was what they used to say about the nexus devices, and even then the pixel is made by HTC (like the nexus 'one' was), which makes it even more daft.

Original Poster

I have a 5X and on Nougat.. no issues that are related to Nougat!
Only issue I have is the battery life which is function of the small battery that LG/Google decided to initially put in!
Nevertheless, the 2GB RAM and the SD808 haven't aged very well in my opinion (experience)!
Hence, the search for a 6P to cater for my Android itch!

gsj87

I've been just as puzzled. I've been waiting for the Nexus 5x and 6p … I've been just as puzzled. I've been waiting for the Nexus 5x and 6p prices to drop so I can buy them but there's nothing, anywhere. I believe the 5x is discontinued, they pulled it off the shelves because of the bootloop problems after the latest Android update but there's no 6p deals anywhere, it's still around the £350 mark which is pretty frustrating.

I do think that the mi5s plus might be a good alternative if it goes sub £300 in the new year. Tbh at £350 its still a better phone in many ways

I had been awaiting the same but the issue seems to be that the 6P still has its place at the old RRP price since the pixel came in at around £700 which is probably why we are not seeing any price drops unlike what we seen before. If you look back the replacements all came in at roughly around the price point of what it replaced. Still though even at RRP prices the way phones have been going the 6P is a great buy.

Pookiedookcold

Yeah, I think it came off the Google store the day before the Pixel … Yeah, I think it came off the Google store the day before the Pixel launched. I guess they want to separate the Pixel from the nexus devices. Their message is that this is the first phone made by google, which is odd because I thought that was what they used to say about the nexus devices, and even then the pixel is made by HTC (like the nexus 'one' was), which makes it even more daft.

If you notice but on the previous Nexus Phones the manufacturer still where able to place their brand name on the device. For example my 6P says Huawei along the bottom. Seen reports lately about the Nexus 7 replacement saying its been held back due to Huawei pulling out as Google refused to let them place their name on the device with HTC now talking over which making everyone think it could end up being released under the Pixel branding.
Currently running Android 7.1.1 on mine.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 2nd Dec 2016

cecilmcroberts

I had been awaiting the same but the issue seems to be that the 6P still … I had been awaiting the same but the issue seems to be that the 6P still has its place at the old RRP price since the pixel came in at around £700 which is probably why we are not seeing any price drops unlike what we seen before. If you look back the replacements all came in at roughly around the price point of what it replaced. Still though even at RRP prices the way phones have been going the 6P is a great buy. If you notice but on the previous Nexus Phones the manufacturer still where able to place their brand name on the device. For example my 6P says Huawei along the bottom. Seen reports lately about the Nexus 7 replacement saying its been held back due to Huawei pulling out as Google refused to let them place their name on the device with HTC now talking over which making everyone think it could end up being released under the Pixel branding. Currently running Android 7.1.1 on mine.

Yeah, but just because the actual manufactures name is missing doesn't really make any difference. All nexus devices were made by other manufacturers, and so are all the Pixel devices. Just seems daft for google to say that the Pixel is the first google phone. The Nexus One was or non of them are (including the Pixel) IMHO. All marketing I guess but I just can't see how £720 for the pixel is good value when compared to when the nexus devices came out.

Pookiedookcold

Yeah, but just because the actual manufactures name is missing doesn't … Yeah, but just because the actual manufactures name is missing doesn't really make any difference. All nexus devices were made by other manufacturers, and so are all the Pixel devices. Just seems daft for google to say that the Pixel is the first google phone. The Nexus One was or non of them are (including the Pixel) IMHO. All marketing I guess but I just can't see how £720 for the pixel is good value when compared to when the nexus devices came out.

Makes a very big difference for the manufacturers for brand awareness certainly made Huawei become a better household brand name so to speak after making and putting its name on the 6P. Totally agree the Pixel is overpriced in comparison to the 6P and other devices. Also noticed if you go to HTC's website you will not see the Pixel phone yet alone when the 6P was still being made you could also have bought it on the Huawei website along with Googles website. You can still see the 6P advertised under Huawei's phones on the offical website just not buy it though. Appears to have been a rather falling out with them afterwards over the branding.

cecilmcroberts

Makes a very big difference for the manufacturers for brand awareness … Makes a very big difference for the manufacturers for brand awareness certainly made Huawei become a better household brand name so to speak after making and putting its name on the 6P. Totally agree the Pixel is overpriced in comparison to the 6P and other devices. Also noticed if you go to HTC's website you will not see the Pixel phone yet alone when the 6P was still being made you could also have bought it on the Huawei website along with Googles website. You can still see the 6P advertised under Huawei's phones on the offical website just not buy it though. Appears to have been a rather falling out with them afterwards over the branding.

Yeah I know what you mean, it might be relevant or significant for Huawei from a recognition/marketing perspective, but I still cant see how the pixel differs from the Nexus devices other than a missing logo on the back. It's like the lipstick on a pig analogy :-) Google have had no more or less involvment in the Pixel as they had with the Nexus. Just sayin
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Amsterdam Booking.com advice22
    2. Should I Sky sports or not1311
    3. samsung gear fit 2 claim purchase from mobilephonedirect48
    4. Thinking of getting the Fire HD 822

See more discussions