NHS Fleet Solutions Car Leasing

Found 14th Apr 2016
NHS Fleet Solutions vs Normal car lease deal.

Anyone have any experience of NHS Fleet? Hidden costs? Etc.
How do they compare?
Pros and cons for each?

Comments welcome
Community Updates
10 Comments
I looked at one through a NHS scheme fur my wife but it was a salary sacrifice and we wasn't getting into one of them as it messes all your tax contributions up and they were so strict with the milage allowances and then charged per mile if you went over.
Have just got an Audi A3 and very professionally handled. Deduction from salary will start this month and will save me some tax as it is taken off pretax.
Original Poster
sabp

Have just got an Audi A3 and very professionally handled. Deduction from … Have just got an Audi A3 and very professionally handled. Deduction from salary will start this month and will save me some tax as it is taken off pretax.

Ah, OK, thanks.

So if your salary was £2,000 per month gross and the car was £200pm you would get taxed on the £1800?

Though if you paid 10% pension contribution, you would pay £180 into it, instead of £200, for example?

Was there an admin fee to arrange the lease, and an initial payment?

Don't think there are any administration charges or upfront payment. All servicing and insurance for upto 5 named drivers is included. Is it being offered by your trust? If so, it is very straightforward.
MoyesyRob

Ah, OK, thanks. So if your salary was £2,000 per month gross and the car … Ah, OK, thanks. So if your salary was £2,000 per month gross and the car was £200pm you would get taxed on the £1800?Though if you paid 10% pension contribution, you would pay £180 into it, instead of £200, for example?Was there an admin fee to arrange the lease, and an initial payment?

Sort of, you pay an additional tax on the value of the salary sacrifice so you don't save a great deal. Yes it will affect pension contributions unless this is also a salary sacrifice arrangement; if so it will be unchanged.
Original Poster
Thanks for your help.

Ive got a quote. Its mainly for my other half, but I will drive it when she is not.

VW Polo 1.0 BlueMotion TSI - £212pm and 10k miles.

How does this compare to personal lease deals? Are NHS Fleet leased genuinely good value, or are there more competitive prices found with a personal lease?

Current insurance is around £45pm currently - thats the figure ive been using to try figure how much id "save"

Thanks
looked into this a few times, generally leasing from one of the many lease companies seems better value. Evans Halshaw at the minute seem to be battering everyone. you can get a 1 litre match 75 for @ 165 pcm all in 8k miles 2 Year term
Original Poster
sstarski

looked into this a few times, generally leasing from one of the many … looked into this a few times, generally leasing from one of the many lease companies seems better value. Evans Halshaw at the minute seem to be battering everyone. you can get a 1 litre match 75 for @ 165 pcm all in 8k miles 2 Year term

Thanks sstarski.

The NHS Fleet deal is at least competitive, which is what I was looking for. Didnt want the case of being told its a benefit, thats its a special offer, but in reality you can get better elsewhere.

The NHS deal has 10k miles, and includes all maintenance and servicing costs. So at £212 per month it looks like its going to be fairly close.

I know this is an old thread but if anyone’s interested, the NHS scheme requires no initial payment, is fully maintained and comes with fully comprehensive insurance. There is literally nothing to pay during the term except fuel. Other leasing options don’t even come close.
I’m thinking of going for their current 530e deal - not sure I understand the financial side of it well enough. There are two deals offered - one for £600 pcm and then another of 374 & a salary sacrifice of 224? Is this correct?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions