Found 18th Sep 2009
going to a NHS job interview next week, anybody can give me some tips on how to ace the interview? anybody work for NHS panel?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

my girlfriend works for the NHS in the Maternity Ward, she was just herself in the interview and expressed her passion for the job and got it,

Don't forget to clean your hands with that gel stuff when you get to the hospital, they might look out for little things like that.

sickly sweet;6322760

Don't forget to clean your hands with that gel stuff when you get to the … Don't forget to clean your hands with that gel stuff when you get to the hospital, they might look out for little things like that.

lol...:thinking:
for real? They don't. It's an interview. like any other interview, if the interview takes place in an ofice there won't be any gel.
What's the position for op?
You will often have the depatmental head and an HR staff member pressent.
Just read up well on the job and think of a few questions to ask before hand...it's not a sin to have these written down either, they may even like the fact that you researched the role thought about it and came prepared.

sickly sweet;6322760

Don't forget to clean your hands with that gel stuff when you get to the … Don't forget to clean your hands with that gel stuff when you get to the hospital, they might look out for little things like that.

I don't think they would inspect your hands in an interview

DarkKnight;6322800

I don't think they would inspect your hands in an interview

if its for a surgeon position they might...:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks guys for all the reply!!!

i will say 30/80 admin/laboratory job for NHS Molecular Genetics laboratory for the UK Genetic Testing Network. very excited!!!

Original Poster

wat kinda questions will i be expected to answer? anybody been to NHS interview before?

mmmkbb;6322859

wat kinda questions will i be expected to answer? anybody been to NHS … wat kinda questions will i be expected to answer? anybody been to NHS interview before?

Several lol I've worked for them for 10 years

Why do you want the job?
What will you bring to the department?

Who can say for sure what they will ask.
Have a good look at the job description and person spec. Think about what they are looking for and try and make your answers reflect that.

Original Poster

bellabonkers;6322880

Several lol I've worked for them for 10 yearsWhy do you want the job?What … Several lol I've worked for them for 10 yearsWhy do you want the job?What will you bring to the department?Who can say for sure what they will ask. Have a good look at the job description and person spec. Think about what they are looking for and try and make your answers reflect that.

thanks x

awoodhall2003;6322849

if its for a surgeon position they might...:thumbsup:

I heard that they ask you to drop your trousers then cough!:-D

mmmkbb;6322851

thanks guys for all the reply!!! i will say 30/80 admin/laboratory job … thanks guys for all the reply!!! i will say 30/80 admin/laboratory job for NHS Molecular Genetics laboratory for the UK Genetic Testing Network. very excited!!!

huh-30/80? Not %? (or maybe you should tell em you intend to commit 110% to the job?!):thumbsup: Good luck anyway!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines32
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63685
    3. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    4. win free cash32

See more discussions