Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

NHS Permanent Staff - Payslip question:

Posted 13th OctEdited by:"MarioMan"
Hello,

I have a question for NHS Staff, in London and its regarding Payslip and Salary.

On the top right hand side, I presume there is a section called "PT Sal/Wage"

Can you please take that number and divide that number by 12

Does that number = BASIC Pay figure only?

e.g

I have Basic Pay of 2000
Inner London of 500

But the number on the top right section called "PT Sal/Wage" = £24,000

Is that similar to most people, in London

Should it not be = £30,000

Solved
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I think your best off contacting the HR department
Most payslips will have your basic wage (Pensionable wage ) as exclusive of any allowances or overtime or shift bonuses .

If you need to prove the extra income for ,say, a mortgage you will need to supply the lender with 6 months payslips .
NHS employ people on permanent contracts...?
I can confirm that the London Weighting does not apply to the PT Sal/Wage section
Should it not?
Why doesn't it
My partner works for NHS Payroll, she explained to me that the basic salary you’re seeing on the top right is without the London “fringe” allowance. I.E. your inner London isn’t included in that.

Depending on your banding etc this can change, see here: nhsemployers.org/tchandbook/annex-4-to-10/annex-9-high-cost-area-supplements

The weighting is not included because that is a national salary “scale”. It also is the same wage you’d be paid if you were to work outside of London, therefore it’s easier to add the amount on only for London staff rather than manage it separately.
Edited by: "matthewemmer" 13th Oct
matthewemmer13/10/2019 16:18

My partner works for NHS Payroll, she explained to me that the basic …My partner works for NHS Payroll, she explained to me that the basic salary you’re seeing on the top right is without the London “fringe” allowance. I.E. your inner London isn’t included in that.Depending on your banding etc this can change, see here: nhsemployers.org/tchandbook/annex-4-to-10/annex-9-high-cost-area-supplementsThe weighting is not included because that is a national salary “scale”. It also is the same wage you’d be paid if you were to work outside of London, therefore it’s easier to add the amount on only for London staff rather than manage it separately.

Thank you for that really appreciate it and for clarifying that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants