Nhs protective scrubs not fit to fit......

Posted 17th MarEdited by:"aw08"
theguardian.com/soc…ion

staff were told to wear full PPE, comprising an FFP3 masks (which offer high levels of respiratory protection), visors, surgical gowns and two pairs of gloves each. But the new advice recommends only a standard surgical face mask, short gloves and a plastic apron. Staff have dismissed this as “totally inadequate” protection. FFP3 masks and visors appear to be in particularly short supply.

we told size S/M ONLY .........
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

5 Comments
@aw08 Why is it NHS staff do not come here to express their reservations? I am sure that I read many here work in the NHS, without me having to remind people shopping discounts for NHS staff on HOTUKD.

As it FFP3 masks, you said, "FF3 masks and visors appear to be in particular short supply". Then what, is my question? What do you want others/me to do about it? Just discuss and do nothing, or do something after discussion?

For instance, if you want to resolve this issue, FF3 masks and visors appear to be in particular short supply, you could write to Xiaomi UK mi.com/uk/…ut/ about getting some free FFP 3 masks for the NHS.

Like here, Xiaomi donated FFP3 masks to Italy newsweek.com/chi…233

Of course, I can understand and appreciate that you may have other intentions.
splender17/03/2020 16:36

@aw08 Why is it NHS staff do not come here to express their reservations? …@aw08 Why is it NHS staff do not come here to express their reservations? I am sure that I read many here work in the NHS, without me having to remind people shopping discounts for NHS staff on HOTUKD.As it FFP3 masks, you said, "FF3 masks and visors appear to be in particular short supply". Then what, is my question? What do you want others/me to do about it? Just discuss and do nothing, or do something after discussion?For instance, if you want to resolve this issue, FF3 masks and visors appear to be in particular short supply, you could write to Xiaomi UK https://www.mi.com/uk/about/ about getting some free FFP 3 masks for the NHS.Like here, Xiaomi donated FFP3 masks to Italy https://www.newsweek.com/chinese-company-donates-tens-thousands-masks-coronavirus-striken-italy-says-we-are-waves-1491233Of course, I can understand and appreciate that you may have other intentions.

Why did you have to bump this thread? It was 9 hours old with no replies and was sinking into oblivion.
I remember a situation some years ago, was it British troops going to war without adequate boots and other equipment, family and friends donated money, there were some fund-raisers, to get these soldiers equipped.

I would donate money towards the NHS for buying some covid-19 protective clothing, if this helps, but I want the money be spent on real kit, not disasppearing into some admin or mgmt costs.
deleted8085817/03/2020 16:40

Why did you have to bump this thread? It was 9 hours old with no replies …Why did you have to bump this thread? It was 9 hours old with no replies and was sinking into oblivion.

Oh, you are right! My bad.

OK, as it turned out I was trying to make some good use of this thread then, see above comment. I am happy to donate money, no problem.
Pretty much ran out of visors at my hospital we are only to use them on confirmed cases now

basically if they are suspected we just have a surgical mask and basic apron and gloves we don’t use the ffp3 masks until they are confirmed which to me seems strange also don’t use the full disposable gown until confirmed so our clothes hair etc will all get contaminated. But hey what can you do

Another problem is they are isolated but you are dealing with other patients on the ward as well as them so if just one ends up being confirmed you can guarantee it’ll spread to the rest
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants