NHS Staff - 10% or 20% Off Vodafone Contacts (Including Iphones) for upto 5 people

Found 26th Sep 2012
vodafone.co.uk/vod…ge/?

I believe this may have been posted before however NHS staff can gain the following discount off Vodafone contracts:

Phone price plans
1. Save 20% on the monthly line rental on price plans of £20 a month and more (including 12-month SIM only and iPhone plans).

2. Save 10% on the monthly line rental on price plans of less than £20 a month (includes 12-month SIM only plans).

iPad and tablet price plans
3. Save 15% on the £27 a month price plan each month.

How to get your offer
Just follow these three simple steps

1. You and your five chosen friends and family will need to buy a new pay monthly mobile phone price plan or upgrade an existing one. Simply:

Pop in to your nearest Vodafone store
Visit our online shop
Or call 08080 022 058
Terms apply. Subject to credit check.

2. To request the discount, you’ll need to complete and submit the form for you and your five friends and family members – within 30 days of buying or upgrading your plan(s).

You’ll need a valid company email address to request your discount online. If you haven’t got one, just take your ID badge or a recent payslip into any Vodafone store to apply.

3. Once you’ve submitted the form, we’ll email you a link to validate your email address – then another to confirm your discount’s been applied.

Please note: If any of the discounted price plans (yours, or your friends and family members’) are changed or upgraded, the discount will automatically be removed. But don’t worry, you can re-apply for it – just return to this page and request a discount again.

19 Comments

I don't think it's in any of the NHS staff's interests to get into contracts with Vodafone since they basically committed tax evasion.

I don't work for the NHS but after an almost fatal car accident I was invited to join their NHS discount scheme, the least they could do....oO

Original Poster

jeffbridges

I don't think it's in any of the NHS staff's interests to get into … I don't think it's in any of the NHS staff's interests to get into contracts with Vodafone since they basically committed tax evasion.

erm. If you say so. I'm happy to get the discount. Better in my pocket.

jeffbridges

I don't think it's in any of the NHS staff's interests to get into … I don't think it's in any of the NHS staff's interests to get into contracts with Vodafone since they basically committed tax evasion.

I think we deserve every perk we get. which ain't many!
We save lives and get paid peanuts in comparison to the job we do!

Original Poster

I knew the non NHS people would vote cold but considering I am getting my iphone 5 contract for £29 I believe this is a good deal. Those voting cold are welcome to promote a cheaper deal.....

NHS, MOD and other government jobs, most banks, most finance companies, lots of supermarkets and high street shops, Vodafone do 20% discount to a hell of a lot of companies, and to their friends and family as well.

samuelsmith87

I think we deserve every perk we get. which ain't many!We save lives and … I think we deserve every perk we get. which ain't many!We save lives and get paid peanuts in comparison to the job we do!

So you'll support a company that isn't contributing properly towards our country and therefore its public employees/public systems that it depends on, just to save a few quid? Your prerogative. We pay our fair share. So should they.

jeffbridges

So you'll support a company that isn't contributing properly towards our … So you'll support a company that isn't contributing properly towards our country and therefore its public employees/public systems that it depends on, just to save a few quid? Your prerogative. We pay our fair share. So should they.

Name a multinational firm that DOES pay the tax it ought to? None is the answer. They pay the legal minimum they have to.

Original Poster

Spence1115

NHS, MOD and other government jobs, most banks, most finance companies, … NHS, MOD and other government jobs, most banks, most finance companies, lots of supermarkets and high street shops, Vodafone do 20% discount to a hell of a lot of companies, and to their friends and family as well.

Excellent. So with this in mind why a cold deal?

Give me 20% off any day

jeffbridges

So you'll support a company that isn't contributing properly towards our … So you'll support a company that isn't contributing properly towards our country and therefore its public employees/public systems that it depends on, just to save a few quid? Your prerogative. We pay our fair share. So should they.

So your saying don't support Vodafone, let them lose money, save costs by sacking staff, making them unemployed, claiming benefits and no longer paying income tax or national insurance.
You should get a room with Orcinus_Orca they hate Amazon for the same reasons. You could even start a club that boycotts the big employers who provide jobs in an economy with rising unemployment.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 26th Sep 2012

jeffbridges

You do know that the NHS is funded by National Insurance contributions? That is paid by employers and employees based purely on wages, not reported taxable earnings.

07sanchez

Excellent. So with this in mind why a cold deal?

Cos Vodafone are generally 10-20% than other networks so this brings them in line with rest of the market = no deal

Original Poster

m5rcc

Cos Vodafone are generally 10-20% than other networks so this brings them … Cos Vodafone are generally 10-20% than other networks so this brings them in line with rest of the market = no deal

Totally untrue comment. Find me a 24 month contract for an iPhone 5 cheaper than £29 a month/£99 for hanset and
I'll admit your are right.

I can't believe how many comments people make on here without engaging a brain.

Oneday77

You do know that the NHS is funded by National Insurance contributions? … You do know that the NHS is funded by National Insurance contributions? That is paid by employers and employees based purely on wages, not reported taxable earnings.

The NI contributions these days unfortunately just get rolled up in with all tax income streams..
But I get your points, I.d love to see a few stats alongside username, namely highest education level and age.. Some people think throwing double the money at the nhs would solve all issues, it would just get squandered on the wrong things because of alternative government policy on how to operate the nhs..

Anyway good on Vodafone for offering this discount when I worked for the nhs I got cheaper gym membership and other discounts, one thing I disliked in my nhs time was the pure abuse of the final salary pension schemes (no wonder this house of cards is going to topple over) that and part time pa.s earning treble the wage of nurses..
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 27th Sep 2012

supermod

Moved this to misc as it's getting 'cold' voted in deals - it's info on a specific employee related perk rather than an offer available to all members, thanks for posting

Loads of companies are signed up to this, not specific o the NHS.

jeffbridges

So people who work for greggs get 10% off food at greggs, my missus works for Costa Coffee, she gets a staff discount. Because we are professionals that are highly skilled and educated and deliver an incredible service to the public with little support from the government and wards often being so short staffed it's dangerous. We don't deserve discounts as the rest of the country get through their jobs????????

Edited by: "samuelsmith87" 27th Sep 2012

whatyadoinsucka

The NI contributions these days unfortunately just get rolled up in with … The NI contributions these days unfortunately just get rolled up in with all tax income streams..But I get your points, I.d love to see a few stats alongside username, namely highest education level and age.. Some people think throwing double the money at the nhs would solve all issues, it would just get squandered on the wrong things because of alternative government policy on how to operate the nhs.. Anyway good on Vodafone for offering this discount when I worked for the nhs I got cheaper gym membership and other discounts, one thing I disliked in my nhs time was the pure abuse of the final salary pension schemes (no wonder this house of cards is going to topple over) that and part time pa.s earning treble the wage of nurses..

The biggest final salary pension scam I've heard of is people in office based positions working part time all their career. Then 3.months before they retire, go full time, get a full salary and retire on that. Bull crap like that happens all over government departments. Why because the rules make it possible.

NI is rolled into the pot as you say but it is still an extra 13.8%, on an employers basis, of the Vodafone wage bill that goes into the public coffers. Even if they paid £1 in corporation Tax.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions