Found 16th Sep 2007
Hi,

My mum's currently thinking of re-fitting my bathroom and it's gonna cost something ridiculous like £6,000, I feel pretty guilty about this since my parents never use it, so thought I'd try and find them some nice stuff, but preferably something a bit cheaper

Any advice on where to get better value bathroom suites from please?

Many thanks

10 Comments

We have just bought a lovely suite from MFI in the sale, it was nowhere near what we expected to pay. After trying out B and Q, focus and the bathroom store we decided that MFI were best for quality and value. The only thing is that they cost a fortune to have anything fitted (we found out the hard way after having our kitchen done!) I didnt even bother to ask how much it would cost to have our bathroom fitted but i would of guessed about £1000.
We are having a local plumber do it for £350 and that includes the bath, sink and vanity unit, toilet and seperate shower cubile.

B and Q have modern toilets and basins to go which are excellent value.

Toilet - £70
Basin - £50

Both come with all the essentials!

Banned

DO you think i can get a new bathroom suite fitted for £1000. Its a very small bathroom 2m * 2m. Needs new tiles and all the essentials.

Ibz52007

DO you think i can get a new bathroom suite fitted for £1000. Its a very … DO you think i can get a new bathroom suite fitted for £1000. Its a very small bathroom 2m * 2m. Needs new tiles and all the essentials.

Definately :thumbsup: As long as you are not expecting a top spec!

]http//ww…000

http://www.mfi.co.uk/mfi/images/Content/Level6/LEN2000_lrg.jpg

This is a nice quality, cheap suite, comes with everything including waste and taps. Thats were i got caught out! Decent modern taps and waste can soon add to the bill!

£289 plus £20 delivery then i reccommend that you find a local plumber to install it and expect to pay about £250.

I would only tile 1/2 way up the wall to save on costs and either paint or paper the rest :thumbsup:

Have a look through the new Tesco Direct cat.

Banned

[url]www.screwfix.com[/url] have some good sets

Suggest that you also look at ]Plumbworld, have received good advice from them in the past and their followup is excellent. Go via quidco for 5.5% cashback

Original Poster

Awesome, tyvm guys!

Yep Tesco direct now do bathroom suites some pretty decent ones from about £499. Also triple clubcard points in the first 2 weeks of the catalogue launch. Dunno if it'll apply to bathrooms though

p.s.

You have you OWN bathroom?!?!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tablet recommendation ror 5yr old- ideally with a stylus11
    2. Bean to cup machine11
    3. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…818
    4. Laptop help22

See more discussions