Nice cheapish Laptop good for 'Hackintoshing'?

Found 7th Jun 2010
Any reccommendations? and can you run Garage band on hackintoshed laptops?

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
14 Comments

Dell Mini 9?

livingthelife07;8784123

Dell Mini 9?

beat me to it, seems to be the popular choice as of late

Original Poster

Hmm can find a lot of deals for the 10 but not 9

Banned

MacBook :thumbsup:

master_chief;8784174

MacBook :thumbsup:

Cheapish... hmmm :w00t:

Get the Dell Mini 1011 (10v)

I literally just ordered one from the Dell Refurb outlet, there are TONS on there right now!!

Original Poster

baconsandwich;8784253

Get the Dell Mini 1011 (10v)I literally just ordered one from the Dell … Get the Dell Mini 1011 (10v)I literally just ordered one from the Dell Refurb outlet, there are TONS on there right now!!

Is it gonna make a differance what OS it has on it if im gonna hackintosh it?

some have Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition on them and others Operating System English Genuine Windows 7 Starter (32 BIT)

Jack-L92;8784333

Is it gonna make a differance what OS it has on it if im gonna hackintosh … Is it gonna make a differance what OS it has on it if im gonna hackintosh it?some have Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition on them and others Operating System English Genuine Windows 7 Starter (32 BIT)

Not gonna make a difference but I went for XP home incase I'm gonna dual boot it one day..

Also managed to get one with a 6-cell battery rather than a 3-cell.

Not sure which ones have the HD screens though which was an option on these.. either none of them or it could what the 'MISC' bit is some of them have in the description.

Original Poster

heh nevermind - i didnt realise you need another mac to hackintosh

Jack-L92;8784686

heh nevermind - i didnt realise you need another mac to hackintosh

You don't.

dell mini 9 lovin mine

Original Poster

baconsandwich;8784253

Get the Dell Mini 1011 (10v)I literally just ordered one from the Dell … Get the Dell Mini 1011 (10v)I literally just ordered one from the Dell Refurb outlet, there are TONS on there right now!!

all gone !

Jack-L92;8784820

all gone !

nope there's still tons left.

outlet.euro.dell.com/top…dfh

make sure you search by price... all the 1011's are the cheapest laptops on there.

edit: click on that link above, then choose inspiron notebooks from the drop down list, then sort by price!!
Post a comment
@
    Text