Groups

Nice good book to read ?

Banned
    Even better if it's on the iPhone but obv most of you aren't going to know this. Don't mid what genre as long as it's not a soppy romancey book

16 Comments

Are you male or female? What age? What sort of stuff do you like?

try true blood its good

For Physical books, either

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

About a bullied boy (Oskar) who dreams of revenge and his new strange friend, A girl called Eli who has been 12 for a very long time.

or

Under The Dome by Stephen King

A real return to form for the King, I won't spoil it too much except to say it has a lot of similarity to The Stand in its length and ambition

Original Poster Banned

wookiemummy;7755056

Are you male or female? What age? What sort of stuff do you like?

Male, like most types of books but maybe paranormal type books, like the mystery and unpredictability

Original Poster Banned

Oh and nothing that you need a dictionary with to read

Banned

I always try to push people on to Clive Barker, he's written some fantastic books.

master_chief;7755125

I always try to push people on to Clive Barker, he's written some … I always try to push people on to Clive Barker, he's written some fantastic books.

Yea and amen, The Books of Blood are phenomenal, And even his fantastical stuff is never less than engaging :thumbsup:

Banned

DrapedINDarkness;7755150

Yea and amen, The Books of Blood are phenomenal, And even his … Yea and amen, The Books of Blood are phenomenal, And even his fantastical stuff is never less than engaging :thumbsup:

My favourite are the Art books, when's he finishing that Trilogy??

master_chief;7755203

My favourite are the Art books, when's he finishing that Trilogy??

Probably never, I read an interview recently where he said he was looking at stepping back from writing and concentrating more on the film adaptations and original screenplays a'la King

But you never know with the guy, he is quite capable of changing his mind or knocking it out while doing a film too :roll:

Banned

DrapedINDarkness;7755225

Probably never, I read an interview recently where he said he was looking … Probably never, I read an interview recently where he said he was looking at stepping back from writing and concentrating more on the film adaptations and original screenplays a'la KingBut you never know with the guy, he is quite capable of changing his mind or knocking it out while doing a film too :roll:

Now I love the guy but should he really be concentrating on movies?? Looking at his track record I just don't think that medium suits his vision. He should stick to the novels and paintings, let other people worry about adapting his work.

All the above is irrelevant if they gave the guy an unlimited budget and the most talented people at WETA for example...

Banned

DrapedINDarkness;7755095

For Physical books, eitherLet the Right One In by John Ajvide … For Physical books, eitherLet the Right One In by John Ajvide LindqvistAbout a bullied boy (Oskar) who dreams of revenge and his new strange friend, A girl called Eli who has been 12 for a very long time.orUnder The Dome by Stephen KingA real return to form for the King, I won't spoil it too much except to say it has a lot of similarity to The Stand in its length and ambition

Under the Dome that good then? I bought my Dad it for Christmas but I got bored of King in my teens, I'd read all his best stuff by then and he became too repetitive (as do all authors mind).

When I saw the book I couldn't help but think of The Simpsons Movie!

master_chief;7755262

Now I love the guy but should he really be concentrating on movies?? … Now I love the guy but should he really be concentrating on movies?? Looking at his track record I just don't think that medium suits his vision. He should stick to the novels and paintings, let other people worry about adapting his work.All the above is irrelevant if they gave the guy an unlimited budget and the most talented people at WETA for example...

I gave up worrying about it ages ok LOL, remember he promised the third book would be out before 2000 and that was 1996, Have you seen Book of Blood , its bloody awful, I quite liked Midnight Meat Train tho

And for all its faults, Hellraiser is still an awesome movie, But you are right, much like King it is hard to translate his books to screen, I'd love to see "The Body Politic" as a film.....but how?

master_chief;7755276

Under the Dome that good then? I bought my Dad it for Christmas but I got … Under the Dome that good then? I bought my Dad it for Christmas but I got bored of King in my teens, I'd read all his best stuff by then and he became too repetitive (as do all authors mind).

Yeah, his best book for a long long time, The Gunslinger books were always awesome but ended on somewhat of a cop out

I grew disillusioned with King many books ago, but he seems to have rediscovered his mojo now :-D

Banned

DrapedINDarkness;7755313

Yeah, his best book for a long long time, The Gunslinger books were … Yeah, his best book for a long long time, The Gunslinger books were always awesome but ended on somewhat of a cop outI grew disillusioned with King many books ago, but he seems to have rediscovered his mojo now :-D

I might borrow it off him then, saying that I have a pile so high of unread books you wouldn't believe. I've been on a reading hiatus for about 3 years now. Too many other distractions in life. If it wasn't for the internet I'd be reading a book a week, sad I know but that's the effect it has had on me both professionally and personally. I'm sure I'm not the only one...

master_chief;7755386

I might borrow it off him then, saying that I have a pile so high of … I might borrow it off him then, saying that I have a pile so high of unread books you wouldn't believe. I've been on a reading hiatus for about 3 years now. Too many other distractions in life. If it wasn't for the internet I'd be reading a book a week, sad I know but that's the effect it has had on me both professionally and personally. I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Definitely not, I was reading like crazy 10-12 years ago, like 2-3 books a week, now its more like one a month, The internet makes me a less cohesive reader methinks lol

You won't regret borrowing it i think :thumbsup:

kite flyer
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764250
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is78
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1826
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31145

See more discussions